Monday Motivation/Weekend Progress

Options
Suzy81123
Suzy81123 Posts: 103 Member
"Don't wish for it - work for it"

How did everyone do this weekend? I did extremely well. I did have a little ice cream and such but everything was in moderation. I weighed this morning only .2 more than what I weighed in on Friday so that's a huge NSV for me since I'm usually 2-4 pounds heavier on Monday mornings than my Friday mornings so I'm super excited about that. I think everyone should list ONE positive thing that happened during your weekend!!!!

Replies

• principaljen
    principaljen Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I had a good weekend too, and am also only up 0.2 pounds since Friday. My positive thing from the weekend is that I logged all of my food this weekend, which is usually not the case. I am excited for our first "official" weigh in tomorrow!
  • SqueakMonster
    Options
    Hi everyone!
    I did the Pup Run 5K on Saturday, and thankfully we didn't have the 100+ temps with high humidity that we had last year ... THAT was truly grueling! And while I missed the goal that I was shooting for (52 minutes), my friend pointed out to me that I'm only 21 seconds shy of my time from June 2012 (00:59:39)
    Now finding out that you're 21 seconds slower than you were 2 years prior might not sound like a good thing, but given that I had a motorcycle crash 3 months after that race took place, and that I was having difficutly walking short distances for almost a full year, I'm pretty damned excited!!! :bigsmile:
    And as if that wasn't enough to make me happy ... I threw Olive Garden in the trash!
    Yep, you read that right. I had my Risotto Bites and my Limoncello dessert, and was clearly in heaven, but the dinner just wasn't anything to write home about. I made the decision to discard it rather than eat it because it was there. HUGE, given that I don't get OG very often since the closest one is almost 90 minutes from me.
    So nothing like what I expected the weekend to be, but much better!
    P.S. I gained over the weekend, but have restarted my challenges, weight, and waist measurement this morning.
  • SqueakMonster
    Options
    Suzy and Jen ~
    .2 pounds instead of your normal 2-4 pounds ... NICELY DONE ladies!! :glasses:
  • Amberh82
    Amberh82 Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    well....I was active but I didn't track calories this weekend. I will weigh tomorrow...

I am planning my meals for the week today so that way I can stay on track better this week. also going to try to up my workouts. back to the trainer today....
  • lisajsund
    lisajsund Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I'll admit that I didn't log all of yesterday. But, I did fairly well getting all of Saturday logged.

Saturday was a great two mile run (no walking!) and my last strength class. My hamstrings are still killing me. :)

I did manage to get a little over a mile walk in last night in hopes to keep those hammies loose.

Today will be kickboxing and a mile jog. Probably treadmill - I'll have to see how the weather is.

I'm up a bit from Friday, but I treated myself yesterday to some frozen yogurt in the evening. When I up my sugar with not tracking, I will always be up a little. However, I'm still down compared to last Monday - which is when I reset my ticker.

Great job ladies! Keep up the great work! :happy:
  • lisajsund
    Options
    Hi everyone!
    I did the Pup Run 5K on Saturday, and thankfully we didn't have the 100+ temps with high humidity that we had last year ... THAT was truly grueling! And while I missed the goal that I was shooting for (52 minutes), my friend pointed out to me that I'm only 21 seconds shy of my time from June 2012 (00:59:39)
    Now finding out that you're 21 seconds slower than you were 2 years prior might not sound like a good thing, but given that I had a motorcycle crash 3 months after that race took place, and that I was having difficutly walking short distances for almost a full year, I'm pretty damned excited!!! :bigsmile:
    And as if that wasn't enough to make me happy ... I threw Olive Garden in the trash!
    Yep, you read that right. I had my Risotto Bites and my Limoncello dessert, and was clearly in heaven, but the dinner just wasn't anything to write home about. I made the decision to discard it rather than eat it because it was there. HUGE, given that I don't get OG very often since the closest one is almost 90 minutes from me.
    So nothing like what I expected the weekend to be, but much better!
    P.S. I gained over the weekend, but have restarted my challenges, weight, and waist measurement this morning.

Great job SqueakMonster on your race and throwing away Olive Garden!! I'm glad you got to enjoy some of it and then get rid of the remainder - that is so hard to do sometimes!

Do you have another race this summer in hopes of getting your goal?
  • SqueakMonster
    Options
    A 2-mile run, a 1-mile jog, a strength class, a kickboxing class, and a 1 mile walk ... was there more than 2 days in this past weekend?!?! WAY TO GO Lisa!!!!!!!!!!! :bigsmile:

And yes, I actually have two races scheduled in July, one in August, and one in September ... (so far). I think you can officially call me addicted! LOL
  • lisajsund
    Options
    Well, kickboxing and another 1.5 miles jog was actually yesterday and not the weekend...

Yay - keep us posted on your races, Squeakmonster! If you have any questions, I've been run/walking for a few years (started with Team In Training) and now currently aiming to get to a 10k without stopping to walk this fall! Saturday's 2 miles felt great!
  • SqueakMonster
    Options
    Well, kickboxing and another 1.5 miles jog was actually yesterday and not the weekend...

Yay - keep us posted on your races, Squeakmonster! If you have any questions, I've been run/walking for a few years (started with Team In Training) and now currently aiming to get to a 10k without stopping to walk this fall! Saturday's 2 miles felt great!

Whether it was the weekend or yesterday, you still did the exercise ... my "WAY TO GO" stands!! (lol)

And thanks for offering help with the 5K races, I appreciate it! My first goal is to establish a steady finish time, since my finish times have been all over the map these last 3 seasons. Then once I get a sense of where "my time" is, then I want to start running more, as I'm only running a little bit right now. I'm just so excited to be back racing!!! :)