Thinking I want to give this another try

Options
jchrisman717
jchrisman717 Posts: 780 Member
I have been so frustrated losing weight - or inches - lately. And I have been working so hard. I'm running, doing weights, been involved in several challenges where I have been putting in hours of cardio and strength training AND was so disappointed and frustrated when I did my measurements and found out that have not changed since the first challenge I did. And my waist is too much - I should be dropping something.

I am going on 50 and according to what I am reading everywhere I am approaching menopause though I still have mostly regular periods I do have some syptoms. Still, I should be able to lose. I know that its my eating that has me stalled. I've never been good at "dieting" but I am good at eating healthy. I tried this plan a few months ago, bought the book and everything. I think I was in such a funk with winter and all I didn't do well. I'm in a much better place now, exercising regularly and so I'm going to give this another try. Committing to giving it at least 3 weeks before I get discouraged. So hoping this will get the weight moving.

I know I should but I am not going to step on the scale to begin. I have never liked the scale as a measurement for success. I know generally where I'm at and I think I will be able to measure success by how I feel, how my clothes fit and just my general well being.

Would love some fellow judders who are having success, have tips, or need some support too to do this with. I was thinking I might start a thread for my daily thoughts on it here in this group to have a go to place to keep it all. And of course to get some support and thoughts from others doing the same plan.

Replies

• jchrisman717
    Options
    So did an UP day yesterday and though I don't feel I completely over ate - didn't eat the healthiest either. Plus I was really tired - probably from eating all the junk over the weekend.

Monday - 1600 calories

Tuesday - DD - shooting for the 500 calories. Starting out good - just coffee with my creamer which I already went in and logged my food for today so I can plan ahead. Going to go to tea and water mid-morning into the afternoon. Have my progresso soup after I do my walk at lunch since it is rainy and dreary out. Plan is to have a packet of tuna with some crackers for dinner.
  • Momto4minions
    Momto4minions Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I love Juddd. I stopped being so strict with it recently. My husband is having chemo and I cannot keep all the balls in the air.
    However, I have decided to get back to it.
    I am looking at both alternate days or just 5:2.
    I need to lose the last 15 lbs.

Good luck on your down day!
    I use bullion as a warm drink to curb my appetite. I eat one small apple mid day. I eat a nice full dinner of only veggie. I have some greek yogurt for dessert. This tends to keep me going all day and the cals low enough.
  • jchrisman717
    Options
    Grr typical as it always is when I try something new - setbacks! So here the deal so far

Monday - UP day hit around 1600 calories which I really don't think is enough for a DD to follow.

Tuesday DD - hit about 1,000 calories, just had a hard time not eating - did a lot of exercise though and hoping a good UP day will help my next DD

Wednesday - hit a snag as personal issues had me not eating so cannot do a DD tomorrow as I know I did not eat enough today.

Thursday: Going to do an UP day, eat healthy and good and then shoot for a DD tomorrow.