Age Differences

2»

Replies

• siratlas
    siratlas Posts: 239 Member
    i've dated anywhere between 3 yrs younger to 3 years older but i tend to get along better with people older than i am ....i wouldn't have any issue partnering with somone 10-15 years older than i am, if the connection was there.
  • My fiance and I have a 22 year age difference (he's the older one) and this has been my most wonderful relationship. For me my maximum is 25 years, after that there could be too many generation-gap issues in views on things.
  • hayleyrue
    hayleyrue Posts: 34 Member
    My current partner is only three years older than me. However, my previous gf was almost twelve years older than I am... and about half as mature! lmao I think age is only a number.
  • GeordieGirl80s
    GeordieGirl80s Posts: 120 Member
    My first girlfriend was 15 years older than me (I was 21), my 2nd 3 years older then me (I was 23) and my 3rd was 3 years younger than me (I was 24, nearly 25 when we met)

I'm not keen on dating younger than me but if the circumstances are right and we click I'm not going to say no just because they are younger (but probably no more than 5 years younger)
  • icck
    icck Posts: 197 Member
    I've never been with someone younger than me, or my own age for that matter. The minimum gap was 4 years, and the largest was 20. My current partner is 11 years older than I am. I've pretty much always found people my own age to be frivolous and irritating, and surrounded myself with people older.
    Never said never to seeing someone younger, but it hasn't happened.

I think that's starting to balance out though, as my peers are catching up and in a similar place now. I'm 25.
  • The oldest age difference I was dating was 21years older then myself.

Pros, they are more experienced, more mature,

Cons: they sometimes act like a parental figure, They may not want to have sexual relations as much

I never date younger then myself
  • srw48247
    srw48247 Posts: 44 Member
    Most of my girlfriends are a little older. I did once date a girl my age YIKES.. And I have never dated younger. I however did "talk" to a girl 2 years younger and another 9 years older. Honestly the younger one had her life more together than the older... but I couldn't take either one seriously.

There is a 3 year differnce with my current girlfriend I am 21, and she 24. We have been together coming up on 2 years and she is by far the most wise of them all, she is so level headed and established to be only 24.
  • prayersinchairs
    prayersinchairs Posts: 35 Member
    The first guy I ever had feelings for was exactly twice my age. I was 18 and he was 36.
    I'm 21 now and my girlfriend will be 33 next month.
    Never in my life have I been able to get on the same thought level (while in a relationship) with someone my own age.
    I've tried people my age (a few years older than me, but still in early 20s) and I really couldn't do it.
    I never did any "kid stuff" like party and drugs and most people, especially in a party college town want to all the time.

Cons: Well her mom hated the idea of me. She didn't understand what she could possibly feel for someone younger than her.
    People think we are related. No I don't think we look anything a like, but it's over their head when it comes to us dating.
    My mom has friends her age and it feels kind of weird. If I think about it hard enough it makes me think that I'm dating one of my mom's friends.
  • ONS with someone 16 years older than me, short relationship with someone 6 years older. My partner now is less than a year younger than me.
  • peacehawk
    peacehawk Posts: 421 Member
    My partner and I have a 14 year difference. We have now been together 20 years. When we first got together, she was really hung up on the age difference. My mom loved her and told me "you tell Deb that I said for her to get over it!" She still hasn't gotten over it, there are generational and experiential differences. But on the other hand, we learn so much from one another. I have gotten her to lighten up, and she has gotten me to tame down. I'm not sure how much of that is the age difference and how much personality differences.
  • littlelily613
    littlelily613 Posts: 769 Member
    I've actually never dated anyone before *sigh*. But would consider going 9 years in either direction. I think I would be more compatible with someone younger though because a) I have less experience than the vast majority of people my age and b) I am quite immature in many respects (the no experience, still in school, etc) and am probably more like someone in their 20s than someone in their 30s. I am not at the stage a lot of 30 year olds are at. That being said, although I can be immature I am definitely not into the party lifestyle or anything like that and have also been described as an "old soul" in many ways. I would probably do well with someone around 23-27, but yeah, consider 9 years in either direction depending on our compatibility. But yeah, the no experience at age 30 is a huge turn off for most people it seems.... But can't change the past.
  • vkdarling
    vkdarling Posts: 161 Member
    22 years older. I prefer someone older however, doesn't have to be THAT much older - 10 years or so is what I usually go for for some reason. Pros are more life experience, relate better,etc.
  • smirf1972
    smirf1972 Posts: 93 Member
    I've dated younger guys(7 years younger) and older women but I find age isn't relevant, it depends how mature or young at heart the person is, one women I dated was 4 years older but acted like a teenager.
    I would date any age person as long as there was an attraction between us in some way :wink:
  • MyTurn2BHappy
    MyTurn2BHappy Posts: 475 Member
    I'm with someone that is 4 yrs younger now, but I really don't care about the age. As long as we have fun together and have similar interests, it's all good ;)
  • PattieCakes25
    PattieCakes25 Posts: 30 Member
    My wife is 4 years younger than me. I had never been with someone younger than me until her. It doesn't really bother me.
    We both act basically the same - sometimes mature, other times we act 12.
    What matters to me is that I am madly in love with her!