Welcome! Please Introduce Yourself

Options
auntsammy88
auntsammy88 Posts: 401 Member
My name's Sam and I'm 25 years old and have been married to the love of my life for 2 years. I don't have any kids yet, but do have a crazy wild beast (golden or lab mix) named Lady. During the school year, I work as a speech-language pathologist and during the summer I get to have unlimited me time! I have been maintaining my goal weight for the past year now after losing 15lbs going from high school to college and another 20 through mfp. My goal now is to keep improving my strength and fitness level. I don't have a gym membership, so I like any program that I can do at home, a local park, etc. I am really excited to start Body By You this week and motivate/ be motivated by you all!

Replies

• Imokyoutoo
    Imokyoutoo Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm Anna. I'm 23 and I'm getting married to my best friend in September. I love the idea of getting a workout without having a gym membership or buying all this equipment. I actually tried to start Body By You a few months ago but gave up after a few days. I'm really hoping this group motivates me!
  • auntsammy88
    Options
    Welcome Anna! Congrats on the wedding! I know for me wedding planning definitely had its stressful moments but it is all worth it now to know that I had a beautiful day with my love and that we're married now! I did the same thing with BBY when I first tried to start. I was trying to plan out my workouts way too much. Now this is my only structured workout. The rest of the time I go in with a very loose plan that I change based on calorie intake and just how I feel that day. If I feel like running, I run. If I'd rather do yoga, I do that. I'm really hoping to be consistent with this every Monday Wednesday and Friday though. I also really like having someone doing the program with me. I really hope we can motivate each other ( and ourselves) to stick with it this time!
  • These_goto_11
    These_goto_11 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    My name is Sarah, I started MFP a few months ago to help me not gain weight and eat healthier while I quit smoking. Well, I quit smoking, and I have developed some new habits thanks to MFP. At first, I was going to walk my dog and call it a day, but I began doing 30 day squat and lunge's challenges, and really enjoyed the non-lifting exercises, and it made me feel good.

That's when I started looking into Bodyweight exercises. I got BBY from the library, and I did my day one eval today. I have also been reading www.strengthunbound.com by a guy Jay Waldron who is also a MFP member. I printed out his Beginner's Guide, and am reading that also.

When it comes to stuff I don't know about, I would rather people who know what they are talking about to just tell me what to do. :wink: But I guess I really should learn why I'm doing what I'm doing. :tongue: That's why I'm starting with BBY to at least get started, keeping track of things, and read other material. I also want to learn about macros, but that is overwhelming to me right now.
  • auntsammy88
    Options
    Hi Sarah! Congratulations to you (and your lungs!) on quitting smoking! I really like bodyweight exercises and challenges too. I'll definitely have to check out the website. Please let me know if you find any other good books/websites on why we do specific exercises or other good bodyweight exercises. I feel like body by you is a good start because it is laid out for you pretty well with pictures. I also like the way it progresses so far. I don't know if the book from the library has them, but the ebook has links that show the proper form for each of the exercise in a video. You can look on the author's youtube to find them.
  • Rianne90
    Rianne90 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!
    I'm Rianne, I'm 23 years old and I started BBY a little over a month ago. I have been consistent with the workouts for the most part, though I did skip a few days here and there.
    I like the fact that I can do the bodyweight exercises at home with little to no equipment necessary.
    Currently I'm in week 5 of cycle 1 (I know the cycle only has 4 weeks but it says to continue until you see no progress in any of the moves for 3 workouts in a row and so far I'm still progressing in at least one move every workout, though it's slowing down now :))
    Here's where I'm at after 5 weeks:
    Pull: 7 (One arm let me ins with knees 90 degrees)
    Squat: 12 (Bulgarian split squat with 2 second pause)
    In-line push: 8 (Half dive bomber with hands elevated knee height and 1 second pause)
    Perp. push: 6 (Close grip push ups with hands hip height and 1 second pause)
    Bend: 15 (One-legged hip extensions with 2 second pause)

I'll post my starting stats in the other thread so you can compare if you'd like :)
  • eleamtedon
    Options
    Hi everyone,
    my name is Maelle, I am 36 yo & french (so please be indulgent with me!). I have been doing weightwatchers for more than a year, very much satisfied except for the price, so I just left to join MFP instead!
    I have been doing BBY for the last 10 months, and I love it, so I am happy to see this new group here about it.
    Regarding my objectives I would like to loose a couple of kilos, but essentially I want to be fit (when I started ten months ago I was really unfit/sedentary).
    For BBY I used to rely only on the book, but now I also use the YAYAOG app, whose timers I tried to tweak to fit my needs, and it´s pretty ok now.
    Regarding my progression, I am currently in cycle 3, doing Pull 13, Squat 17, Push 11/10 and Bend 17.
    That´s it for now, all the best to you!
  • Sarahpoe
    Options
    Hello!
    My name is Sarah. I am 26. I am married to my best friend and we have two beautiful and healthy children. I've always been fit and somewhat strong. I had some complications during my pregnancies. I have discovered several health conditions I have to manage. I've also lost a lot of strength during the last few years mostly due to my health. I am not trying to lose weight, my weight is low. My goal with the body by you program is to be strong again. With two little one's I don't have much spare time to spend on myself or my body. I love that this program only requires 1 1/2 hours of my time per week. I was a little skeptical at first about getting results. I have only completed my initial evaluation so far. For as easy and quick as it seemed at the time, I am sore! I am very hopeful for some good results and happy to find this group!
  • heidispideymfp
    heidispideymfp Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone

My name is Heidi, I'm a 36 yr old mom of two, with an amazing husband who works in the oil industry and is away from home most of the time.

I downloaded the app and started the 10 week program yesterday. It's ideal for me as DH is only expected home in around 11 weeks time, and it would be awesome to surprise him with ad lightly more buff me.

Add me if you like, I log in daily, even if I have "bad eat days"
  • ryenday
    ryenday Posts: 1,540 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options