Breastfeeding my 2 year old, gaining weight

Options
So I went for awhile where I was steadily losing weight. Then my son started getting in his MOLARS and now he is pretty much breastfeeding on demand, it is driving me nuts, and I have GAINED 13 LBS. I guess my body is telling me I need more calories and then storing the calories despite my efforts to burn the calories. UGH. Any advice to curve breast feeding related hunger?

Replies

• 3sunflowerslove
    Options
    Sorry I'm in the same boat as u. My son nurses a lot! But I just can't loose weight, at all! I have stayed the same exact weight but it shifted. I ow have more tummy fat :( but I'm also hungry all of the time due to BF
  • Em_runs_away
    Em_runs_away Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat too, it's a pain.
  • phonerobot
    phonerobot Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    In the same situation as you but I am experiencing rapid weight gain. I think hormones play a factor at this point especially because our 2 year old's are eating more solid food now. I am so frustrated with my weight gain, but I know I'm going through a transition. Just hang in there and do your research. I've been told by medical professionals that Zinc supplements will help stabilize estrogen levels equal to the level of progesterone which will help prevent unnecessary fat storage. The chewables are pretty tasty too!