Feeling very disapointed in myself vent

Options
CassieR6
CassieR6 Posts: 280 Member
Ok, first off this isn’t my first post like this and I swear I am not just a complainer. I am getting back into the funk of feeling very discouraged and disappointed in myself. I was on MFP before and after my daughter was born back in 2010. I slacked off quite a bit and never came on and just sort of gave up if you will. Then I divorced my ex and lost my job and finally got a job after 8months of unemployment this February. So all that stress combined with me being lazy was not good! I have since found a job as I just stated and reconnected with someone from high school and I am the happiest I have been. But I am also not happy. I am the biggest ever, even when I was pregnant. And our money situation at the moment is a little tough. So I rejoined MFP even made a fresh account. Was doing decent on my eating and worked out at 5am(the only time I have) for about a month. Lost a total of 6lbs since February. But now it’s been probably about 2 months since I have worked out. I always set my alarm and just decide to sleep instead. I am starting to get very disappointed in myself and so is my BF since he knows how bad I want to lose these 40lbs. But I am slowly starting go back to my *kitten* it attitude and just figure oh well I guess I will just always be this big. I want to get healthy not only so I can feel good in my own skin but I also want another baby but don’t want to get pregnant on top of the 40lbs I want to lose. I guess I am just sort of venting and wondering what I can do to get outta this funk. I know I am the only person who can make the change and if I want it bad enough I will make the change and can’t just sit around making excuses but it just feels harder this time. :ohwell: :frown:

Replies

• HampGod
    HampGod Posts: 31
    Options
    Damn skimpy. You are the only one who can make this change and I know you can do it. Just have to find that reason and it seems you have plenty reason all ready. You're dojng it for your boyfriend, the chance to have another baby, and for the most important, yourself. You want to lose 40 lbs, no one made you make that decision, it came about from your own observations and that in itself is amazing. So now it's time to put it to work, I know you can do it. Your a 30 LC first tier member, one of the first to join. And I want all of us to make it to our goal, especially the first people who joined. Because I know we can do, we can do it.
  • CassieR6
    Options
    Damn skimpy. You are the only one who can make this change and I know you can do it. Just have to find that reason and it seems you have plenty reason all ready. You're dojng it for your boyfriend, the chance to have another baby, and for the most important, yourself. You want to lose 40 lbs, no one made you make that decision, it came about from your own observations and that in itself is amazing. So now it's time to put it to work, I know you can do it. Your a 30 LC first tier member, one of the first to join. And I want all of us to make it to our goal, especially the first people who joined. Because I know we can do, we can do it.

Thank you that helps! :smile:
  • tpeirona
    tpeirona Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    I've found the most helpful thing when I get discouraged is to remember how great I feel after I work out. When you are eating healthy and working out consistently, don't you just feel ten times better? I know I always feel like I have so much more energy and a more positive attitude. The hardest part is taking that first step and committing to trying again. If you've done it before, you can totally do it again. Try to stay positive and remember, we're all in this together and we will all be here to support and motivate you when you have times like this :) Good luck!
  • SwiitiPi
    SwiitiPi Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I know it can be every disappointing not seeing any change for a while. I know my biggest problem is that I will be really into my journey for about 2 weeks then I get in my *kitten* it mode. I know that can be really hard to get out off. But I think I found something that really helps me. My background photo on my cell phone. I made a collage of 5 pictures. the four on the outside are pictures that I think I look utterly disgusting in and then the photo in the middle is what I want to look like. I moved all off my apps to a line on the top so that my main photo is visible at all times. Whenever I open my phone I am reminded of what I really really want. Also try out the bikini body mommy challenge on youtube. The videos are anywhere from 6 minutes to 30. Perfect amount of time to do them when your child is napping. Or you could even include them. If they see you wanting the best for your life they will want the best for theirs. Its good all around.
  • CassieR6
    Options
    I've found the most helpful thing when I get discouraged is to remember how great I feel after I work out. When you are eating healthy and working out consistently, don't you just feel ten times better? I know I always feel like I have so much more energy and a more positive attitude. The hardest part is taking that first step and committing to trying again. If you've done it before, you can totally do it again. Try to stay positive and remember, we're all in this together and we will all be here to support and motivate you when you have times like this :) Good luck!

Thank you! This is deffinatly helping me get outta this funk a little at a time! Thanks for your support! :flowerforyou:
  • CassieR6
    Options
    I know it can be every disappointing not seeing any change for a while. I know my biggest problem is that I will be really into my journey for about 2 weeks then I get in my *kitten* it mode. I know that can be really hard to get out off. But I think I found something that really helps me. My background photo on my cell phone. I made a collage of 5 pictures. the four on the outside are pictures that I think I look utterly disgusting in and then the photo in the middle is what I want to look like. I moved all off my apps to a line on the top so that my main photo is visible at all times. Whenever I open my phone I am reminded of what I really really want. Also try out the bikini body mommy challenge on youtube. The videos are anywhere from 6 minutes to 30. Perfect amount of time to do them when your child is napping. Or you could even include them. If they see you wanting the best for your life they will want the best for theirs. Its good all around.

Glad to see I am not the only one! I will defiantly look in to those videos. Also the picture idea is great too! Although at this point I am sorta hiding from the camera unless its just of my face hahaha. But thank you! Your helping me as well slowly get outta this funk I am in today. :happy:
  • JayMri
    JayMri Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I've been there to. One thing I found that helps is having a goal to work towards (and not a weight goal) - last year it was a Florida vacation. Now it is a pair of pants and skirt that are one size down. You can get an outfit that you love in one or two sizes smaller and hang it up where you can see it, that helps me. And you don't have to spend a lot - my skirt came from Goodwill and the pants I got on clearance for under $10.
  • barbarapoppa54
    barbarapoppa54 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    All I can say is that you are not alone. Most of us at one time or another felt like you do and just didn't seem to care...I wish now I would have gotten out of my funk before gaining the amount of weight I have re-gained. But never-the-less, I am back on track and glad I am. I promise if you focus on the positive reasons for losing this weight and getting healthy and push through, you will be so glad you did. Keep pushing, keep striving, keep going, fake it till you make it.
  • elliexxgeorge
    Options
    I'm back on track only about 6 weeks. Before that I was faffing around doing nothing and just feeling sorry for myself.

One day I took my boys to school for 8am. They didn't want to get up, get dressed and didn't want to go to school at all. I felt like such bad mum for making them go :ohwell: I came back home, made myself a coffee, sat on the sofa, put the telly on and thought " What am I doing?? I'm here watching the telly while my boys are in school, learning, working hard at their sums, my husband is working ... and I have all this weight to lose and I'm just sat on the sofa??" If my children and husband have to be working hard for 8 hours a day then I can go to the gym and work hard for only two!
    I never looked back. Now I started I actually love the feeling of feeling knackered after exercising, it's like bug the more you do it the more you want it :bigsmile:

Sorry, didn't want to make it about me :blushing:
    My point is we all have a bad days and always will. It's not about falling or being down but about decision to pick yourself up again.

Now stop being on the computer, just jump up and down in front of the telly for 5 minutes and get those happy hormons flowing in your body. Feel good about yourself and everything else will just follow.
    One day at the time and you'll be back to your early workouts :drinker:

Hope you're well xxx
  • Limath
    Limath Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I've felt that way more times than I can count! This time around, I have created a 'fitness inspiration' pin, on Pinterest. I've gone through and pinned quotes that inspire me & before and after photos of women who started close to where I am now. Every time I start to think about slacking off, I try to make myself look through the pins to remember why I'm doing this. May be corny, I feel like it's helping!
  • SwiitiPi
    SwiitiPi Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    That is a great way to look at it!
  • CassieR6
    Options
    Thank you all! These are all great ideas! I am doing my best. Lift keeps on throwing me curve balls but I am just trying to roll with the punches! You all rock!!
  • kansas_km
    kansas_km Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Cassie can you set a small goal? Maybe after 5# you could treat yourself. Just don't make it food. New nail polish, outfit etc. I don't have a lot of money so I promise to get myself a new trashy book or something..lol.

Its so easy to get frustrated but I try to tell myself I only have one life and one body. You can do this.