Clothes Shopping NSV

Options
shmulyeng
shmulyeng Posts: 472 Member
I finally bought myself a new suit yesterday. Waist size down to 38 (started at 52). It felt really good.

Also, my kids dared me to try on my son's shorts (he's 13). It didn't quite "fit" but it went on.

Replies

• mulecanter
    mulecanter Posts: 1,792 Member
    Options
    14" is quite an accomplishment. I'm worried that you may have purchased the suit too soon, I suspect 38's will be too big in short order.

I have a similar NSV. I bought a pair of jeans with a 34 waist and felt great about it. Now the waist is too big. I bought another pair of jeans with a 32 waist, they fit (with just a little tightness in the thighs). These are square jeans--my Holy Grail!! (Square Jeans = 32 waist x 32 length). I have nearly arrived. I am down to 32 from 42, not quite as dramatic but equally satisfying.:smile:
  • katimorris87
    katimorris87 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    look at you guys shrinking!! Way to go!!!
    Awesome job
  • shmulyeng
    Options
    I'm worried that you may have purchased the suit too soon, I suspect 38's will be too big in short order.

I hope so.

This is why I didn't buy it until now. But I reached the point where I literally don't have what to wear.
  • claram5415
    claram5415 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    You can always have a seamstress take it in later.
  • claram5415
    Options
    I have a ways to go to get to where I want to be but I can now put on my skinny jeans and zip them up! Not comfortable to wear for long but zipping up is an accomplishment!
  • shmulyeng
    Options
    Earlier on I went to a tailor to take in some of my suits. She laughed me straight out of there (in a good way). The bigger problem is the jacket. There's not much you can do with it.
  • skittlesnhoney
    skittlesnhoney Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Fabulous job boys! You have every reason to be proud!
  • mspoopoo
    mspoopoo Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Really great results! The new profile pic is fab.

I was ok with getting new clothes when I wasn't at my final size as I didnt want people making fun of me for wearing baggy clothes.
  • claram5415
    Options
    Earlier on I went to a tailor to take in some of my suits. She laughed me straight out of there (in a good way). The bigger problem is the jacket. There's not much you can do with it.

Losing so much that the seamstress can't do anything is a good problem to have! Congratulations on your success!