Heather's Birthday Challenge

Options

Replies

• KarenZen
    KarenZen Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    No way in hell can I lose 15 pounds by Heather's Birthday. Hell, I was just hoping to get back to 240 by my birthday (July 13th). Seeing as how I'm sabotaged by water retention or something, I'll be lucky to do that. No way could I lose 15 by then. Especially when I'm off the low-carb bandwagon for a while. We're so broke, if I want to eat at all, some will have to be carbs... Anyway, I suppose I will attempt to go along, but my biggest withdrawals making me completely psychotic have been when I cut out sugars completely (and/or drop my carbs way too low)...so if I hit psycho/rage mode, I'll bounce out.... Just saying.

Do the best you can, honey! NO one can ask for more!
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    User name and starting weight keyed (though it has Saturday's date, rather than Friday's...LOL). Wishing everyone else luck, especially this weekend!
  • carimiller7391
    carimiller7391 Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    I am so darn excited for this challenge. Hopefully it will PUSH me in the right direction!!

Good luck everyone!!

Cari from DE
  • melissasue0317
    melissasue0317 Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    eek! I just seen this and already had some today with my coffee!
  • blondageh
    blondageh Posts: 923 Member
    Options
    Ok sorry to do this all but I switched up the link. Much new and improved tracking chart. If you already entered your info, I will move it over.. Don't worry. BOOK MARK THIS NEW ONE!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/16bRcDN5w_kDcBSHmsn-FGCR62hhYOq-M1cAEygBSP1k/edit?usp=sharing
  • blondageh
    Options
    Haha. I will check the date on the New spreadsheet. Maybe a wee bit superstitious...Happy Friday the 13th y'all!
  • artelyn
    artelyn Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I can't put my number in! I know it has been a long time since I used a spreadsheet, but I think I know what I am doing! lol Maybe not! Maybe I am over the weight limit! That must be it! HEEELLLLLP!
  • angelic843
    angelic843 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    It won't let me key in anything either...help!!

Angie
  • blondageh
    Options
    Sorry kiddos, just updated the permissions to allow you to edit. :-)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/16bRcDN5w_kDcBSHmsn-FGCR62hhYOq-M1cAEygBSP1k/edit#gid=362789097
  • artelyn
    artelyn Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    phew... I thought I had been out of the work place for far too long that I couldn't remember how to input data on a spreadsheet!! :laugh:
    Ty Heather!
  • blondageh
    Options
    Nope, that was me forgetting the cardinal rule...THOU WILL SHARE TOYS WILL OTHERS! :sad:
  • IlluminatedMayhem
    Options
    I'm in for the weight challenge. As for no sugar... its almost that TOM and I'm craving sweets like mad. I'd rather indulge within my calories now than avoid them over the weekend just to binge come Monday.
  • blondageh
    Options
    Awesome! Just add your name to the spreadsheet if you haven't already! Waiting on Karen! Anyone else who wants to join is more than welcome too. I will keep posting the link. I don't care if we are 3 weeks in, you can jump on board any week IMO. No one is excluded.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/16bRcDN5w_kDcBSHmsn-FGCR62hhYOq-M1cAEygBSP1k/edit#gid=362789097
  • KarenZen
    Options
    About to add my weight, argh! I tried to do it earlier, but the spreadsheet didn't work on my phone.

How's everyone doing today? I am shocked by how many of us have sugar issues. My sister has been diabetic for the past seven years and even though she has neuropathy in her legs and her doctor has told her repeatedly that she MUST give up sugar, she still can't. It's worse than a drug, really!

K.
  • blondageh
    Options
    Yeah. My husband too. But it's more carbs even then sugars. Of course sugars have carbs. Etc. His blood sugars are usually in the 300s. Its totally uncontrolled. I have only seen it drop below 200 twice and even then it was like 197 or something and on a boatload of insulin. Its sad. The docs warn him. He just doesn't get it. He has so many health issues. If he would do strict Atkins, I think we might be able to control his diabetes. Maybe.
  • blondageh
    Options
    Speaking of carbs...I just look at my macros so far for the day because I didn't really have a clue. We had monthly birthday lunch at an Italian resteraunt and without going into detail like I did on Facebook, it was bad. The smells. The sites, omg. It was a beautiful place. Anyways, I was good and stuck with Mista which is just salad with Italian vinaigrette and grilled chicken. So long story short...I am at 14% carbs for the day! Day one off to a good start. Egg beaters for dinner and I shall keep it go going. Sodium oh well.
  • KarenZen
    Options
    Speaking of carbs...I just look at my macros so far for the day because I didn't really have a clue. We had monthly birthday lunch at an Italian resteraunt and without going into detail like I did on Facebook, it was bad. The smells. The sites, omg. It was a beautiful place. Anyways, I was good and stuck with Mista which is just salad with Italian vinaigrette and grilled chicken. So long story short...I am at 14% carbs for the day! Day one off to a good start. Egg beaters for dinner and I shall keep it go going. Sodium oh well.

Awesome! I'm doing pretty well too. Actually ate some veggies tonight. My body went into shock.
  • PatrickB_87
    PatrickB_87 Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    Got to love carbs. I have my macros set with carbs making up 50%. I know it's not what you two need for your diet to work but it works for me. I'm thankful I am not diabetic. That's part of the reason of making the change, diabetes and heart disease. I feel like if i was to be given a diagnosis of either that it would have been an official seal of failure on myself. Time to turn back the clock before the seal can be applied.
  • KarenZen
    Options
    Hubby just headed out the door without me to get himself a treat. I didn't ask for details; he knows I'm on the no sugar challenge, so he volunteered to pick me up some fresh cherries. Yum.
  • tishtash77
    tishtash77 Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    Pat I am 45% for carbs right now, (30% fat and 25% protein) but I still do not have the right balance between carbs and protein. I often go over a little for carbs and am under a little for protein. When I have some spare cash I need to stock up on chicken breast and some protein powder for a shake a day type thing I think. But right now this is working anyway so it might just be something I will work towards when I am closer to the 200s.