Returning my Vivofit

Options
Jen0414
Jen0414 Posts: 466 Member
I think I am going to return my vivofit. I think it has some great potential but at this point has too many hiccups.
I went for a walk the other day and noticed when I got home the red bar was still on. Then I looked at my steps and there was no way it counted them.
I have been watching it a bit more closely and I have been noticing the same type of thing happening at least daily.
The other night I set my vivofit to sleep, I was up chasing my kitten who got out at 3am and it didn't record any of that.

I think at this point my best bet would be a waterproof heart rate monitor until another option becomes available.

Replies

• ann121212
    ann121212 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Thats sad after the anticipated wait for it. Other than a bit of problem with exaggerated arm swing mine is pretty accuarate step wise.

I hope you find a good one that fits your needs better :happy:
  • Jen0414
    Jen0414 Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    I've picked up my replacement vivofit and it seems to be working better then my old one!!
  • ann121212
    ann121212 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Thats wonderful :)
  • FromHereOnOut
    FromHereOnOut Posts: 3,237 Member
    Options
    I've picked up my replacement vivofit and it seems to be working better then my old one!!

That's great! I had a long anticipation and wait for mine and when I got it, it didn't detect any movement whatsoever. None. I was crushed. Got it replaced and now I'm thrilled with it. I'm glad I didn't give up. Hope you feel the same.
  • pin3tree
    pin3tree Posts: 6
    Options
    The other night I set my vivofit to sleep, I was up chasing my kitten who got out at 3am and it didn't record any of that.

I believe I read somewhere that it doesn't record sleep data at a very high granularity. Another things is it is not clear what one can actually do with this data. Perhaps, in the future, Garmin will improve their software to break down your sleep into rem/deep stages.
    I think at this point my best bet would be a waterproof heart rate monitor until another option becomes available.

Vivofit is only 50m resistant, which means you can shower in it, but not swim, for example (I saw some reviews suggesting otherwise).

I'm glad that your replacement unit works to your liking!