How do i get off of keto?

MyiahRose
MyiahRose Posts: 183 Member
So i decided im going to go back to calorie counting in a week or so.
Does anyone have any experience on this? how much carbs i should add back at a time?

Replies

• Shaselai
    Shaselai Posts: 151
    i am still in Keto so I can't give a definitive answer but are you done with dieting or simply sick of Keto because of its restrictions?
    You say you count calories but what does that have to do with Keto? You can still count calories in Keto...
  • MyiahRose
    MyiahRose Posts: 183 Member
    i am still in Keto so I can't give a definitive answer but are you done with dieting or simply sick of Keto because of its restrictions?
    You say you count calories but what does that have to do with Keto? You can still count calories in Keto...

I mean regular calorie counting with regular macros...
  • Shaselai
    Shaselai Posts: 151

I mean regular calorie counting with regular macros...

define regular macros? I havent read anything about the body having side effects if you suddenly ate more carbs...only you get kicked out of Keto...
  • Leonidas_meets_Spartacus
    Leonidas_meets_Spartacus Posts: 6,198 Member
    Eat more carbs.
  • HaggisWhisperer
    HaggisWhisperer Posts: 125 Member
    I think you just have to accept that when you stop eating low carb (not even necessarily keto) you will regain water weight as your muscles/liver etc start to store more glycogen. However much that is will be down to your personal metabolism. For me it is approx 7lb. Assuming you can maintain a calorie deficit (and assuming you have no other metabolic issues that will make it harder) you will hopefully start losing fat again - it will just be masked for a while.
  • LilMamaBear125
    LilMamaBear125 Posts: 21 Member
    My best guess would be to gradually increase your carb intake - maybe by 10 grams per week? I would be afraid of jumping back into the carb pool with both feet without testing the waters first. Plus by doing so gradually, you may find you're content with a lower carb intake than most "typical" calorie counters (and I use the word typical very lightly haha).