Week 1

Options
WordWhimsy
WordWhimsy Posts: 254 Member
Starting today, I meant to do the workout before work, but I didn't sleep well, so I needed the extra time in bed for a little extra rest. I plan to do the workout as soon as I get home so I can't put it off!

Anyone else on week 1?

Replies

• pisces3
    pisces3 Posts: 27
    Options
    I'm just starting week 3, so I just finished the series you're about to start.

I had a hard time making it work for me in the morning, but I'm sure we're all different. Good luck!
  • MarjorieDawes57
    MarjorieDawes57 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Hi I started the program on Monday too! I'm aiming to get the workout done first thing in the morning, as I know if I leave it until later in the day, I'll find a reason not to be able to fit it in! :smile:
  • WordWhimsy
    Options
    So I meant to do the first workout on Monday evening, but then well, life happened! So I did workout 1 today, before work, as planned.

Tomorrow I'm going to do workout 2 before work in the morning, then in the evening, I'm going to take a cardio class (to make up for the cardio dvd) then I figure I'll be back on track by Thursday.

Sheesh, nothing like getting off track the first day :ohwell:

I'm also doing a variation of The Miracle Carb Diet. where it's not strictly counting calories but increasing fiber but limiting carbs. I'm also really trying to increase my water intake. The goal is to get to 100 oz, a day. Yesterday I only had about 30 oz. so I have a way to go! But this morning I've already had 30 oz., so I'm ahead of the water game.:drinker:

I thought the workout 1 was easier than the 30 day shred but I guess it will get harder. I really got sick of 30DS, so I'm excited that this program has so many different workouts. I only made it through day 15 of the 30DS, so it was more of a 15DS for me :laugh:
  • WordWhimsy
    Options
    Hi I started the program on Monday too! I'm aiming to get the workout done first thing in the morning, as I know if I leave it until later in the day, I'll find a reason not to be able to fit it in! :smile:

I totally agree with you! If I can get my workout done first, it sets the tone for my whole day, I eat healthier and feel better all day! Yeah for a morning workout buddy, even if it's a virtual buddy :flowerforyou:
  • soapyskin
    soapyskin Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I'm also doing a variation of The Miracle Carb Diet. where it's not strictly counting calories but increasing fiber but limiting carbs. I'm also really trying to increase my water intake. The goal is to get to 100 oz, a day. Yesterday I only had about 30 oz. so I have a way to go! But this morning I've already had 30 oz., so I'm ahead of the water game.:drinker:

I thought the workout 1 was easier than the 30 day shred but I guess it will get harder. I really got sick of 30DS, so I'm excited that this program has so many different workouts. I only made it through day 15 of the 30DS, so it was more of a 15DS for me :laugh:

100 fl oz is a great goal. Water had always been challenging for me. Sometimes I would simply just forget to have anything but my morning coffee and maybe two glasses of water. For the last few months I've made sure to get 80 fl oz a day. The biggest change I did for water was purchase these cute mason jar with straws at Target. They make my water intake go so much quicker! They are 16.9 fl oz, so I know that if I have at least five of them, I'm in good shape - I don't know if this tip will help anyone else out. Just figured I'd throw out my solution to my h2o battle.

Work outs 1 & 2 are definitely a bit easier than 30DS - with my experience the challenge begins on Weeks 5 & 6, 7 & 8, and so on, but everyone is different. I think the thing (for me) with 30DS was the monotony of it, she has you spend so much time on two strength training moves, whereas BR you get to do four before you move onto a minute of cardio. I enjoy that a lot more.

Good luck to you girls! Hope everyone had a good Tuesday. :smile:
  • WordWhimsy
    Options
    Soapyskin- Good idea on the cute glass to drink more water. I have a big plastic starbucks cup with straw that I should use. I just have to measure the oz of it. Yesterday I got 84 oz of water in, so I guess if I can get between 80-100 that will be good.

I started my day with a big iced coffee, so I'm not doing great on the water starting today.

I also slept in, when I was supposed to workout. I think I'll do the workout 2 tonight at 6pm, then my WERQ dance fitness class at 7, because I would rather do cardio in a dance group setting than in my basement alone. My hubs is gone for work, so I have no excuse not to exercise and eat healthy.
  • soapyskin
    Options
    WordWhimsy I had the same morning - I wanted to get my double cardio done early but opted for more sleep. :grumble: I also started my day with a big iced coffee as well, haha! I caught up with water by mid-afternoon, hopefully you did too. :smile:

I'm planning on doing my cardio 1 right when I get home. I don't think I'll have enough time to double up today, so I just tried to be less sedentary around the office.

I would prefer cardio in a group as well. Lately I've taken to blasting my own music over Jillian, I just have too much of that DVD memorized, which can sometimes be the opposite of motivating.
  • WordWhimsy
    Options
    Wow, Life can really throw you a curve ball. Just when I was planning on getting a double workout in yesterday, my dad had to go to the ER. So first of all, thankfully he is OK, and was released around 8pm, and it was diagnosed that he has a kidney stone. No surgery needed thank goodness. However I didn't get any workout in yesterday, I didn't eat dinner until about 8:30pm, and then I was just DONE!

However I did get up this morning and workout before work, Workout # 2, this wasn't too bad, seemed less boring than # 1, and I also upped my weights to 8 #, I think the 5 # I used for Workout # 1 just weren't challenging enough.

I have a fun evening planned, a Cider Tasting at a Mediterranean restaurant with a couple friends.

I will try to get a double workout in tomorrow and on Saturday and Sunday to catch up.

Tomorrow's plan will be Workout # 1 in the AM, then a Dance Kickboxing class after work at the Studio, jump start my weekend!
  • WordWhimsy
    Options
    Oh, and I'm DRINKING TON of WATER!!! No kidney stones for me.

I found a super cute APP for my phone to track water consumption, it's called Plant Nanny, I just started but it looks like as you drink water, it feeds your little plant. Yes, I'm a kid at heart :laugh:
  • soapyskin
    Options
    Glad your dad is okay, WordWhimsy! I'm definitely looking up that app, sounds fantastic.

I didn't get to double up yesterday, but I was impressed I did a work out regardless - I barely had time to squeeze it in between work and a show my boyfriend I had planned to go to months ago. Fun show, but had a few drinks when I should've been better. :frown:

Today I'm not off to a great start with my diet - it's just one of those days. But I do plan on doubling up the work outs tonight. Hope everyone else is having a better Thursday.
  • WordWhimsy
    Options
    Glad your dad is okay, WordWhimsy! I'm definitely looking up that app, sounds fantastic.

I didn't get to double up yesterday, but I was impressed I did a work out regardless - I barely had time to squeeze it in between work and a show my boyfriend I had planned to go to months ago. Fun show, but had a few drinks when I should've been better. :frown:

Today I'm not off to a great start with my diet - it's just one of those days. But I do plan on doubling up the work outs tonight. Hope everyone else is having a better Thursday.

Thanks Soapyskin, they gave my dad medication so he at least isn't in pain. However yesterday he started feeling some symptoms that were similar to when he had bladder cancer in 2002, and I'm kind of freaking out. Not a great start to my Friday.

I did have fun last night at the Cider tasting, and because that wasn't enough, we went to another place after and I stayed out too late last night and didn't get my morning workout in. I am going to the fitness studio tonight for a class called Friday Night Fight Club, it's described at Dance Kickboxing, we'll see how that goes.

HAPPY FRIDAY!!
  • Lynn1315
    Lynn1315 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I started about 3 weeks ago, but I'm counting this as week 2 because I got sick and off track. Like many of you... I struggle with water intake. I have a 50 min commute to work, I'm great in the morning and drink about 32 oz on the way to work... Then once I get there... I forget to drink! Sounds so silly to me... How do I forget to drink water?

Workouts have been good so far... My daughters will join me at times which is fun to have them join in. My 6yr old loved the cardio video..and she loved suicides.... As we were doing them... I hate a little hate for her... But also love as she said.. Mommy this is fun!

Here's to more fun!

Lynn
  • holliehatesyou
    holliehatesyou Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Starting back up on Week 1 with a group from another forum. I got spreadsheets this time to keep me on track.

Today is cardio. I am most likely going to go for a run and count that as my cardio, though I might do the video too. It's just too nice outside to skip running. A front came through and it's about 20 degrees cooler than it has been. yay!