Starting this new journey

Options
kavlenor
kavlenor Posts: 35 Member
Hi everyone,

I'm a new member to this group and to MFP, I'm 47 yrs old living in Norway, married and step-mom to two wonderful teenagers.
I have been trying for a long time to loose weight but have not really been committed enough if I am honest with myself. Tend to give up out of frustration when the pounds do not start "melting off" ! So I've decided to focus on living a healthier life instead of just focusing on the number on the scale. We have lost friends and a family member to cancer not too long ago and that gave us a true wake up call and has pushed us to improve our health !!
I have about 34 lbs to loose however my first goal is losing 26 lbs. I am determined to have a more active life, I have started biking to work at least 3 times a week and hope to increase to biking every day. My husband is also motivating me and joining me on extra rides and hikes which is great :smile:
Unfortunately I have an office job and sit ALL day !! So I need some extra motivation :wink:

Karen

Replies

• mtdang
    mtdang Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Congratulations. Sitting at work is the worst. If you can, try to take short walk breaks or if your building has stairs do that periodically. Every little bit helps!
  • kavlenor
    kavlenor Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Good idea, I found myself taking extra rounds around the building and taking short walking breaks during lunch. Will start doing stairs break too !!
    Thank you !
  • peepsqueek
    peepsqueek Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Hi Karen
    We seem to have a few things in common :smile: I am 48 years young and have a teenage son as well as two step sons ages 6 and 8 :happy: . I also work in an office all day but as soon as 5 o'clock comes around I am off to the races lol I have about 28 lbs to loose give or take and I am having a heck of a time dropping the weight but not giving up anytime soon lol
    I wear a fitbit to keep track of my steps,stairs and exercise and it keeps me motivated to get in those extra steps when ever I can and make excuses to get up from my desk to go to the ladies room which is downstairs :) I will have to kick myself in the butt to get more exercise in but I can do it just have to get the mind set for it :smile: