birth control/ nuva ring

KatyFace9801
KatyFace9801 Posts: 230 Member
Hi, guys! I'm new to this board, but not new to fitness. I do Insanity (starting the Asylum next week! eek!) and am a bit of a gym rat. I have always, always carried about an extra 10 lbs or so
I'm a vegan. I do allow one cheat day, so I need to learn to make those 1 cheat meals :/

But my question is that I've always wondered if it's birth control. I've been on it since I was 17 because I've always known I don't want children (I'm 29 now.) They've cycled me through different b/c's and I've never really had a negative reaction or seen more weight gain on one than another.

I'm a on Nuvaring. My doctor told me it'd be less likely to thwart my fitness goals because the hormones kind of go right to the sweet spot instead of through your blood.

Does anyone know where I can find more information on this? When I google it I seem to only find Yahoo Answers. What experiences have you had?

Thanks!

Replies

• starspecks
    starspecks Posts: 49 Member
    Birth control can definitely be the culprit. It takes months sometimes even years for your hormones to regulate after taking it in any form. I use a diaphragm. Congratulations on finishing insanity I just finished too! Debating asylum vs p90x now!