Calories in mfp not adding up..

Options
tchoo3
tchoo3 Posts: 9 Member
Hey guys, currently reverse dieting and I'm up to 120P, 155C, and about 35F at about 1415 total calories.

I usually focus on just the macros because thats whats most important but I just realized that my calories dont ever add up correctly. The past couple days logs as about 1360 calories. I know I'm not always exact with the macros but I figured it would be around 1415 calories.. Should I be worried about this?

I think this may be a good thing because then I've actually been eating more calories than I thought and staying at the same weight..I'm reverse dieting a little slow to avoid any fast and drastic weight gain. I have reverse dieted before and I did it way too fast and gained about 20 lbs. I cut in the spring and lost about 16lbs so I'm giving reverse dieting another go. hopefully do it right this time. I have a whole new mindset towards this and I'm focused on boosting my metabolism.

Replies

• heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    You have some bad food items you logged.

Yes, the macros added up should be mighty close to the food grams, maybe 5-10 calories difference.

More than that, you got food item someone entered wrong, or the nutrition label stretched the max allowance out of what they could state. (like 5 carbs, but 0 calories, when that should be 20).
  • tchoo3
    Options
    Will it really matter though? Because I am following my macros more than my calories..
  • Akimajuktuq
    Akimajuktuq Posts: 3,037 Member
    Options
    I'm new on this forum and I know I have different food philosophies than some people here, but why the drastically low fat intake?

When I was consumed with counting calories (I'm still monitoring macros) I was very careful to watch the food database entries. There are a lot of mistakes in there. It's easy to verify the macros match the calories and then pick the same items next time. It might matter if there is a huge mistake; for instance, if someone has entered that something has 20 grams of protein but it only has 2 grams. I've seen many huge mistakes in there. My favourite mistake, makes me laugh every time, is an 8oz ribeye steak for only 150 calories. :noway:
  • tchoo3
    Options
    Well I'm slowly adding fat and carbs back in. But now I'm just a little disappointed because I repeat a lot of my foods :/