June 2014- BED/FA- Seeking New Friends and Support

Options
I am new to MFP (started today); I am striving towards recovery of BE and FA. I have tried numerous times to get a handle on my addiction and the reasons behind why I turn to food for love, companionship, entertainment, and stress relief…Just like you, I am an intelligent person, but KNOWING what is the best choice and DOING it…well, here lies a huge piece of the puzzle…

In the past few months, I have found the "One Day at a Time" philosophy to be very helpful for me. I have joined some BE and FA groups on FB, which has been immensely helpful. I am in therapy (though my counselor is a great lady, I am not sure she has enough expertise in the BED/FA field to help me, so I may be moving on soon), and I have tried OA (face to face, with a sponsor) as well as online FAA meetings. I am currently reading two books relating to food addiction, the 12 Steps (relating to food addiction), and how to make a new relationship with myself and my dealings with food.

Anyway, I am finding that I have learned so much for other women and men in working the steps and/or coping, dealing, working on food struggles; I am so relieved to know I am not alone and I do not have to be critiqued or criticized.

I am seeking other MFP users who would like to have this type of honest support/feedback without fear of judgment. Please let me know if this sounds like what you are also looking for so we may go through this together.

Thank you!
~Menina