Suggestions

Options
bonniejo
bonniejo Posts: 787 Member
Let me know what you'd like to see from this group, or if you have ideas for the name/description/picture.

Replies

• dancingj2
    dancingj2 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    I know a daily check-in helps me. I have been in the Ultimate Accountability Challenge and that really helps but the first day in a month that you do not make all of your goals you are out till next month.
  • LumberJacck
    LumberJacck Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    A daily check in would be good too. I weigh daily so it would be nice to incorporate that into the check in.
  • auburn3535
    auburn3535 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I hate weighing myself. I will try to weigh in weekly.
  • butterfli7o
    butterfli7o Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    A daily check in would really, really help me. It's easy to forget to stay motivated when it's not on my mind.
  • bonniejo
    Options
    Ok, maybe we can do some even smaller groups inside this one for daily check ins. Like teams of 10 or so? And then maybe a couple teams that do weekly or twice a week check ins for people who aren't up for it every day.

I'll make some groups later for different age groups and workouts so there is a common theme :) Leave suggestions for those if you have them!
  • dancingj2
    dancingj2 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    Ok, maybe we can do some even smaller groups inside this one for daily check ins. Like teams of 10 or so? And then maybe a couple teams that do weekly or twice a week check ins for people who aren't up for it every day.

I'll make some groups later for different age groups and workouts so there is a common theme :) Leave suggestions for those if you have them!

I like the idea of a thread for checking in. The accountability challenge is was in asked 3 questions in a new thread everyday.
    Exercise for 20 minutes?
    Log everything?
    Under calories goal?

I found this was a great motivator.

Weigh in could be added to this but I know weighing in everyday is def controversial. I know there was a time when I would never do that - if my weight bumped up it would only discourage me. Now I can take it in stride. Maybe a separate thread for daily weigh in?

I am not certain breaking us up into teams or very small, specific groups right away is a good idea. Several groups I have been in will start with lots of people but often dwindle to only a few.
  • logg1e
    logg1e Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone.

I like the idea of accountability threads. How about we trial three different threads, each for a separate daily accountability measure? One for a daily weigh-in, one for full day of logging everything and a last one for one full day under goal.

I also like the idea of a weekly challenge. Push-ups I don't really fancy (referring to Challenge 1) but I'm I'd happily wait for a 100 squat challenge in a future week. Other ideas - water intake, steps taken, five-a-day, protein target hit...
  • LumberJacck
    LumberJacck Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I think that the numbers of active participants of this group are likely to drop so if you group people based on differing criteria, you may end up with only a handful of people in each group. Also a regular invitation has to be made out on the message boards to get new people coming here.
  • bonniejo
    Options
    Yeah, I think that the numbers of active participants of this group are likely to drop so if you group people based on differing criteria, you may end up with only a handful of people in each group. Also a regular invitation has to be made out on the message boards to get new people coming here.

Hmm.... What I'm worried about though is the group getting too big for someone to notice if you aren't checking in. The smaller size would also make people feel more connected...but you're right about people dropping out of them. Maybe there won't be a cap on each group size, but we could still have smaller groups based on age or interest? Maybe I'll try it and we'll see how it goes?
  • CoadyMarie
    CoadyMarie Posts: 165
    Options
    I agree on the daily (or weekly) check-in, I really need to open up my diary and get accountable

As far as splitting into smaller goes, everyone has different personal goals and methods so maybe it would be better to just start threads for a number of different things (check-in, fitness and nutrition challenges, etc) and people will naturally gravitate towards whatever interests them the most? For example, based on my goals I would post in a check-in, motivation or nutrition challenge thread but I have my own fitness goals (Stronglifts and C25K) so I'll probably ignore the fitness challenges.

As for the group getting too big to notice each other, I think that's something to tackle when or if it happens :)
  • ekat120
    ekat120 Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    I agree with all of this. I would love a daily check-in thread. My husband would also probably like not being subjected to a daily blow-by-blow of my weight loss progress :laugh: