Jogging Music

Options
What do you ladies listen to when you jog? I was getting so tired of my iPod, I've been listening to those songs for the past 7 years. I was telling my son and he introduced me to this app: itube You can search 'top 40 songs', 'dance music', or search music directly by artists and song names. You can add to playlist and it's free :) Try it!

Started using it this week and I love having something different. Just download jogging music - which is basically beats to motivate you to go properly - going to try tonight and see how it works.

Would love to hear what you are listening to.

Replies

• emy_r
    emy_r Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Cindy,

I'm so behind the times! I've never really used earphones since I was a teenager, and now I'm having a time getting used to them. I do have an iPhone and I planned to download some music and make a playlist. Haven't done that yet, but was talking to someone about it and they suggested i heart radio (not sure how its actually written). I'm planning to look into this soon. May just go with your son's suggestion. Would love to hear from others as well.

Emy
  • bhox3
    bhox3 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I have a few songs downloaded to my ipod, but I mostly listen to iheart radio. It's a great app, can find a wide variety of music.

Brenda
  • maureli
    maureli Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    I rarely run without music, when I do its a rotten time. :noway:

I run with my iphone, I use runkeeper to log my run and it plays my music from within the app. Right now I just have some top 40 hits on there, I had gone a long time without putting anything new on so it was time. Love my music!
  • summerluno2
    summerluno2 Posts: 313
    Options
    exactly maureen - no music and i'm bored within 2 minutes!!!

brenda/emy, i'll try the iheart as well - thanks!
  • ortega1990
    ortega1990 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I listen to a lot of podcasts on nutrition and fitness and I've been listening to that when I run. Other than that, I listen to Pandora... I've spent many years fine-tuning my Pandora stations and just choose one and go.
  • emy_r
    emy_r Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    My son mentioned another music app to me, and I had forgotten the name. Just saw it mentioned in another forum though. It's called spotify.

So far I've downloaded iheart, but had major issues with my phone last time I ran. I was in a hurry cooking and my phone had been ringing off the hook. I went to put it down and dropped it in a pan of water!!! I got it out very quickly and put it in rice. I was able to use it for my run, just didn't have sound. It's seems to be working fine now so I wll try iheart this evening when I run. From now on, I'm going to refuse to answer my phone when I'm in the middle of cooking dinner!
  • summerluno2
    summerluno2 Posts: 313
    Options
    iPhones and water definitely aren't good! I'm lucky that work covers my iPhone (well lucky until they call me at 2am because I'm on call); so my few instances of oops have been covered on their dime. phew!

Spotify is actually a great idea as well - I use it on the desktop and don't know why I didn't even think of it for jogging playlists.
  • ortega1990
    ortega1990 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Spotify is good and I use that sometimes because you can set up playlists on the desktop version (or if you subscribe you can set up playlists on the mobile version).
  • LisaPower123
    LisaPower123 Posts: 1,837 Member
    Options
    I use the Zombies, Run app, & have my music mixed in there. Anything I hear on the radio that I like plus some stuff that I have always enjoyed.

I really enjoy running with the zombies app though. It is very entertaining. When I have chases enabled, I run as fast as I can. It is fun :)