Pork Chops!

Options
SteamClutch
SteamClutch Posts: 433 Member
Okay so I know most of us love them; how do you prepare them? What is your perfect chop?

Replies

• Akimajuktuq
    Akimajuktuq Posts: 3,037 Member
    Options
    When it comes to pork chops (and steak) I am totally plain jane. Garlic powder, paprika, pepper. Baked, broiled or grilled.
  • SteamClutch
    SteamClutch Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Same here, but I use salt too :P just looking to change it up a bit if there is more out there.
  • Akimajuktuq
    Akimajuktuq Posts: 3,037 Member
    Options
    I'm a saltaholic but I don't add it before cooking; only after. Yum.
  • ortega1990
    ortega1990 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I've recently started making pork Marsala, not exactly Paleo due to the Marsala wine and a little bit of heavy cream that I add, but I suppose it's primal. My go-to pork recipe is smothered pork chops with lots of onions - this has dairy in it as well but you can probably make it without the cream/dairy.
  • GrokRockStar
    GrokRockStar Posts: 2,938 Member
    Options
    I fry em up in coconut oil...spicy seasoning, egg wash, roll in almond flour, then in the fryer.
  • leighn62
    leighn62 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Brown in a stainless pan (after you salt and pepper well). Remove. Add mushrooms and wine (whatever you like), deglaze and reduce wine a little and add a little butter or cream (I'm primal). Add pork chops back to sauce to finish cooking. Taste sauce and check for seasoning. Serve over spaghetti squash, mashed cauliflower or zucchini spaghetti. Darned tasty!
  • mfrankrn
    mfrankrn Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    My favorite are smoked chops I get at my farmers market. I heat on the grill, nothing else is needed.
  • jenny373
    jenny373 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    This is one of my favorite pork chop recipes: http://www.thefoodieandthefamily.com/2011/09/19/pork-chops-in-coconut-mushroom-sauce/
    I literally want to drink the sauce off the plate. :)
  • Quinnstinct
    Quinnstinct Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I find grilled pork chops to be tough- what cut do you use? Bone-in? I used to brown them then smother and simmer in onion gravy for hours until fall off the bone tender so now am looking for a better way and still have them be tender.

I bet I could brine them before grilling . . .
  • carrieann8
    carrieann8 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I'm enjoying pork with random seasonings (Ras El Hanout one day, cinnamon another, Italian another) chopped up stirfry style with peppers and onions.