Looking for accountability partners

Options
ilysejohnson
ilysejohnson Posts: 26 Member
Good morning! I'm new to this group and need some help! I have been straying from healthy eating habits that I adopted in 2005. The result has been yo-yo dieting and weight gain. No surprise there! Today is Monday, and the start of yet another recommitment. I really need to hold myself accountable, but would love to connect with others doing the same. I know what I need to do, I just need to do it!

I'm 57 years old and a regional sales manager. I travel a lot, which makes any kind of eating plan difficult. Well, let's say "challenging"! I am determined to do this naturally and healthfully. I've tried supplements and prescriptions, and while they work, they don't change me on the inside. I know that I need to change.

My plan for today is not just healthy eating, but a bit of detox too. Does anyone have any suggestions for that? These past few days have been on the road, so I feel bloated and sluggish. I picked up some lemons and limes, and plan to drink plenty of water throughout the day. I've gotten slack on that too!

I'm looking forward to getting to know new friends and connecting with people on the same or similar journey as me. Thanks for reading through my babbling, and I appreciate your input!

Replies

• mofiya84
    mofiya84 Posts: 4
    Options
    I have a lot of tips on your struggles I have had and continue to work through them myself. You can message me if you want. :)
  • BusyB223
    BusyB223 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I surely can help in the accountability department. It's challenging working to remove the weight, staying on course and not getting discouraged. I have been on this journey for many years as well due to the lack of true desire. I have changed my mindset and focused on making this useless spare tire I carry around disappear.
  • Happy_Niss
    Happy_Niss Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I need some accountability, too.

I had burger king and muffins today and have been over my caloric intake a lot lately.
    Hope y'all don't mind being added! More audience makes it harder to put these things in my diary!
  • Miss__Erin
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I'm looking for the same thing. My diet and workout have been non existent lately :P
  • PhaneeRuth
    PhaneeRuth Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same spot, literally just confessed my lacking motivation to a Challenge group I'm in. I know what to do with diet and excercise, but have not been super motivated to kick it all into gear.

I am transitioning my house to clean foods; there are some reminents of the processed stuff I grew up eating, but I'm finding recipes to make the things I like from scratch so I can control what is in it.

I need accountability and also someone to encourage. Encouraging others seems to motivate me just as much as being encouraged. :) Go figure.

Add me!
  • CoCoGettinFit
    Options
    I'd love some buddies too, just started 7/14/14!!! I'm also on Instagram if any of you would like to "friend" me there as well.
    IG: CoCo.Gettin.Fit