My 12 Weeks with SideSteel

Options
I was regularly paying attention to the ETP page and couldn't help but notice that SideSteel had put out an invitation for a twelve week online consulting project, well I thought to myself I got to be part of this and submitted my application and wouldn't you know it I was accepted and so starts my experience working with SideSteel's online consulting project...

On my application we had already discussed my goals but we organized an initial Skype session where we further discussed my goals that would be followed by weekly Skype sessions. He wrote a lifting program specific to my needs, which was to drop my BF% than to move into a controlled bulk. He developed a sensible plan of attack by organizing my calorie allowance and macros, he monitored my lifting routine and weight loss via spreadsheets that he provided to me to see the progression of my lifts and strength, he also monitored my BF% by visual comparisons. I provided lifting videos for him to critique and to provide feedback...all this was done via Google drive and our communications were done via Skype, PM and email.

Now I thought I had developed a decent understanding of things after investigating many lifting books, links, videos tutorials etc but I was amazed by all the little techniques that SideSteel was able to provide after seeing just one lifting video I had shared, and all the bad techniques I had developed but missed until Sidesteel provided me feedback via Skype...these were not uncommon form issues, I still see them done by others every time I go to the gym! but SideSteel's continued form correction over the period of the program quickly identified issues and ensured that not only did I develop strength but saved me from potential injury and made the lifts feel natural as opposed to something akin to a prostate exam.

In a period of twelve weeks I lost 10.5 lbs considering I am small in stature this was more than reasonable and my body fat dropped from 13-14% to 10-9% my strength increased substantially even at a cut.

The intention was to drop my BF% first so I would be able to go into a more controlled bulk...SS could explain this better no doubt.

Starting to move into the realm of TL;DR So I will add some pics (you were warned)

Front before and after...

L7uEy60.jpg

Side before and after...

ZGEf9UX.jpg

This is a few photos taken reversing out of cut but BF% still dropping...these were taken for vanity's (Narcissist) sake not for comparison, so different lighting and times of day.

397qUvV.jpg

My bicep doing one hell of an impression of a road map whilst reversing calories back up...

HGn3FIU.jpg

An unflattering pic of me several weeks into my bulk...

hGar5HX.jpg

I got a lot out of the program, possibly more than you could imagine and I highly recommend it to anyone as SideSteel is more than a powerhouse in the gym, but also a powerhouse of knowledge!

Lastly yes my bulk has gone well so far, a bit on the fluffy side but I got rid of those spaghetti arms in the first comparison pics...

lMziQqL.jpg

Feel free to pm myself or SideSteel if you have any questions!

4lZoFKX.jpg

Replies

• _benjammin
    _benjammin Posts: 1,224 Member
    Options
    Great work you two!
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Options
    Shredded.

It's been fun working with you and getting to know you.

I think my favorite part was the story you shared where you were going to wipe down the bench and when you sprayed it you accidentally squirted some dude right in the junk with the spray bottle while he was in mid rep.

Now I'm cracking up.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    ROCK ON!!!
  • Cryptonomnomicon
    Cryptonomnomicon Posts: 848 Member
    Options
    Shredded.

I think my favorite part was the story you shared where you were going to wipe down the bench and when you sprayed it you accidentally squirted some dude right in the junk with the spray bottle while he was in mid rep.

Now I'm cracking up.
    Well being a squirter has it's pros and cons. :wink:
  • SapiensPisces
    SapiensPisces Posts: 992 Member
    Options
    WOW nice job!
  • SugaryLynx
    SugaryLynx Posts: 2,640 Member
    Options
    You're incredibles:love:
  • Cranquistador
    Cranquistador Posts: 39,744 Member
    Options
    BAM:bigsmile:
  • IronPlayground
    IronPlayground Posts: 1,594 Member
    Options
    Excellent! :drinker:
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    Holy crap dude! Both of you are awesome!
  • heatherloveslifting
    heatherloveslifting Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! Well done!
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    Shredded.

Now I'm cracking up.
    Well being a squirter has it's pros and cons. :wink:

:laugh: That was hilarious (and true). You look fantastic!
  • psych101
    psych101 Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    Seriously impressive!!! great job
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Shredded.

Now I'm cracking up.

I totally forgot about that story. Thanks for the reminder!!!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    tumblr_mpw0seFEms1s8a3fyo1_500.gif

Yay for your awesomeness!!!
  • AlteredSkates
    AlteredSkates Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I must say, I'm very, very proud of how strict and determined you were sticking to everything! You did an awesome job! And are still doing great to keep it going to this day.

Well done my love :drinker: :heart: