Looking for more suport to help stay focused

Options
Hi! I started using MFP in February, to try to lose about 25-30 lbs. So far I've lost 8 lbs, which happened mostly during Lent which is when I gave up wine. Of course when Lent was over, I started drinking wine again. I really enjoy wine, and I don't really over indulge, however I have recognized that it is probably what prevents me from losing weight. Probably because I relax a little too much after 1 or 2 glasses, and then end up eating larger portions in the evenings than I really should. I also have been under a lot of stress because we were trying to move my parents out of their home into senior living and I had to take charge of most of it. Plus, we've got 2 kids in college and 4 at home and my husband is a fabulous cook!

I had a goal of trying to lose at least 20 lbs. by July 12, 1014 which is when we are taking a family vacation to Grand Cayman. Now I'm a little disappointed in myself because I did not stay focused and the trip is in 3 weeks. I want to try to refocus and try to do what I can in the next 3 weeks. I do really well during the day while I am at work. I exercise daily, often twice a day, with some cardio and some weight training. I am looking for more friends here to offer support to and also receive support.

Thanks!
Heidi

Replies

• Sivangj
    Sivangj Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Hello Heidi
    It sure can be hard to stay focused all the time.
    Havent been in MFP so long but I do see how friends in here can be a motivation. Your welcome to add me if you want to.
    That goes for others in here too
    Siv