TOPIC: June 25 - Wednesday weekly weigh/check in

Options
Wooken3
Wooken3 Posts: 635 Member
**Guess I'll kick of this week's check in :drinker: **

Checking in for June 18th-24th:

Major wins for the past week:
-- Made it out of the house by 6am for 5 out of 7 days to beat the heat
-- Biked for a total of 45.8 miles (3 rides)

Challenges for the coming week:
-- Reduce carb/fat consumed (over 3-days this week)
-- Finish trimming the trees

This has not been one of my better weeks as motivation has been lacking. I need to get back with the program as only have 6 more days to bike 57.2 miles for the monthly goal.ermm.gif

“Now is the operative word. Everything you put in your way is just a method of putting off the hour when you could actually be doing your dream. You don’t need endless time and perfect conditions. Do it now. Do it today. Do it for twenty minutes and watch your heart start beating.” ~Barbara Sher

Great job everyone and have a successful week. :flowerforyou:

Replies

• jeanmrob
    jeanmrob Posts: 637 Member
    Options
    Wooken...I admire your bike riding...from someone who has never biked! Well done!:flowerforyou:

I have had a reasonable week...no major blow outs, not been able to run due to the heat but have walked and been swimming a couple of times instead and done a few bits of exercises, hula hooping and skipping....as a result of which I have lost another pound! :bigsmile: Down to 124 now.

Aim now is to steady up and not put that pound back on which I tend to do at the moment......:ohwell:

Day at the seaside today after my walk to town.....:bigsmile:

Have a good one everyone!

Jean
  • jbouthiette
    jbouthiette Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Great job by both you guys, Wooken & Jean. This is my first check in for the group so I am not sure exactly what I should put in here so here goes.

This week so far has been good, exercise level is starting to get back on track. Calorie intake has been under control, staying under my targets thus far. The weekends are always the toughest, so we will see how that goes :)

I appreciate all the support that comes from being a member of this group, and I hope I can provide some in return.

Anyway, as far as weighing in goes, I am down 1.8 pounds as of this morning, headed in the right direction :happy:

-JB
  • Rebamae
    Rebamae Posts: 744 Member
    Options
    Good Morning all MFP

I just am reporting my weight then will be back tonight to talk
    I am 3 lb heavier than at my lowest weight on MFP. So I need to get with this!! And I will!

Talk tonight
  • Alamo0809
    Alamo0809 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone. Good luck, Wooken, with meeting your goals. You are a star here and always have been since I joined over a year ago.

I just weighed a couple of days ago and was down another lb but I never count them unless it stays off for several weeks. And, I tend not to weigh myself very often.

Wishing you all the best in your goals and success.
  • Mariang165
    Mariang165 Posts: 2,104 Member
    Options
    Good Morning All, a cloudy day today after the rain of yesterday, so I seem to be a little slow in getting moving this morning. :yawn:

Wooken, TKS for getting us started .. I so admire your determination to get up so early in the morning to get outside for your ride! Well done, I am just turning over and puffing my pillow then, I didn't know the world was up and moving then! :laugh: :happy: Good luck on your mileage goal, and what a goal it is.

Jean, congrats on your pound loss, that is great because at your stage of weight control that is like me losing 5 pounds, fabulous success. Hope the seaside is lovely today!

JB, what can I say, a newbie who has already lost almost 2 pounds ... Brilliant! So glad you are joining right in with us. Yep, it sounds like you have a plan for your exercise and calorie control .. Good lad!

Reba, yep, having all your family visit has to have an impact on your eating pattern, but in the past you would have gained a lot more. The good news is that as you are going to get things back to normal this week those pounds won't be able to stay around! Awareness is the key, so you go girl!

I am pleased to report I lost 1 pound this week, yippee! Slow and easy for me and that little graph continues downward :drinker: , not an alpine slope, just a gentle rolling hill! Oh, oh, I decided on my reward for my 20 pound goal and went to but a pair of slacks and guess what ... The store had 40 % off for just that day! Didn't know about it so I just lucked in! I don't know if I did the right thing but I am between sizes as the larger pair were really comfy but already too loose so I opted for the smaller size which were a little tighter. Got to admit I wondered if I was falling back into old habits .. You know, the old "I will lose weight and get into them" type thoughts; but then I said, hey, this is the new me and I am losing weight regularly; the pants do fit and in another few weeks they will be wonderfully comfy! So I bought the smaller size :blushing: I wore them to work last Friday and they were ok!

Well, got to get off my butt and get moving ! Have a great week everyone and we are all here if you need us. Take care and cheers, Marian
  • smilesback
    smilesback Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Thank you *Wooken for the quote and applause for your week. Keep it going!
    Congrats on your weight loss *Jean - love that number! Enjoy your beach time :)
    Welcome *JB! Congrats on your weight loss too. Sounds like weekends will be your focus. Stay strong.
    *Reba, you are very close to your lowest weight here. You got this!
    Nice to hear you are down on your weight *Alamo. Good work.
    *Mariang, Congrats on your loss and fitting into smaller size clothes. You are changing!

My check in for the week is no weight loss. I exercised well because I swam 6 days and walked an avg 2.6 miles a day with my best day 4.6 miles. I stayed under calories 2 days.

This week I am going to include strength training and weigh my food at night, my focal point. GOOD LUCK GROUP!

I know I need to lose 30 # and each day I am resolved to exercise and eat right.
  • bvifun
    bvifun Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    Happy Wednesday all.

Once again it is great to hear how everyone is doing.

Wooken...you are an inspiration. Motivation certainly has the tendency to wax and wane.

Jean....yay! Another pound!

JB....what a great start you are making.

Reba....I am surprised you have even had time to step on a scale. You seem to have REALLY enjoyed your weekend and enjoying ourselves is important to our success.

Alamo....congratulations on your pound down.

Marian.....congratulations on your scale loss and your NSV that the new you allowed. smileys-happy-751965.gif

I lost 1 lb this week but that only nets to a .4 lb loss after my gain last week.
    Actually this is good news as it means I have reached my last mini goal .....I am now within 5 pounds of my MFP goal. smileys-happy-783140.gif The only problem is that I never did decide on my reward.

Have a wonderful week all.

Wanda smileys-flowers-413527.gif
  • ker95texas
    ker95texas Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I'm being charged with the following misdemeanors:
    1) Allowing stress to affect my eating habits
    2) Allowing 'the doldrums' to affect my eating habits
    3) Allowing this pouring down rain we've had for two days to keep me from walking (even though my brain knows perfectly well that my treadmill works in the rain)
    Guilty as charged:grumble:
    Worse, I've been charged with the following felony:
    1) Allowing a bad day to turn into a bad week. :sad:

My scale sent me a message this morning, and it isn't letting me off with just a warning. I made a poor breakfast decision, but am trying my very best to snap back to it. Sorry about not starting this post - a migraine decided to visit yesterday evening and it's taken this long to (i hope) get it under control. Probably due to this dratted weather!

anyway - a HUGE congratulations to all you beautiful losers!!! I hope to have a better report next Wednesday.
  • jeanmrob
    jeanmrob Posts: 637 Member
    Options
    Well done Ker for realising what has gone wrong and WHY! Now on you go starting a better week........:flowerforyou:

We have got our beady eyes on you girl! :bigsmile: One day at a time!

Jean
  • Mariang165
    Mariang165 Posts: 2,104 Member
    Options
    Welcome back Ker, :flowerforyou: I second Jean's comments above ^^^^. Good to hear from you, we have missed you! Cheers, Marian
  • grandmothercharlie
    grandmothercharlie Posts: 1,363 Member
    Options
    There are too many of you to comment on each of you, but...you are all doing so great! I love reading your successes and about your determination. Keep it coming. I absorb it all. Keeps me going!

As you know I cut back on my cardio walks from 3 miles a day to 2 miles a day. I have even given myself permission to take a day or two off a week, but I didn't. (I did only ride the stationary bike 6 days) I walked 45 miles last week; 15 of those were cardio miles. I did about 7 hours of cardio (okay 6.9 but I don't know what happened to the other 6 minutes!) I burned 2882 cardio calories.

I ate 3 days below 1200; 3 days a little over; and one day I ate back some exercise calories, but not all.

With all that said and done, I'm still at 182.5. Exactly every morning for the past 10 days! Oh well, it is what it is and I can't say I'm not trying. I'm not losing any motivation; after all, who could being amongst all of you! :drinker:

I haven't been sleeping well, so that could be part of it. My body might be trying to get used to losing that mile a day. Who knows? At this point, I don't care.

As my kids and friends will attest to, or anyone who knows me, I always ask one question: "Did you have fun!" And I did! I had a good fun week with two plays, time with the grandkids. Dinner with friends twice! A picnic in a park! Booked my vacation. What more could I ask for?

Okay, maybe 181.5? Don't think I'll make the 180 July 1st goal! But who knows!

Hugs to you all!
  • RLF022012
    RLF022012 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    My first weekly check in, so here goes.

I'm holding steady on weight and that's good for now. I went to get the blood draw for my annual Health Risk Assessment and my blood pressure was down! :happy: That's due to increasing my exercise, I think, which motivates me to keep it up. Now if I could only get the scale to inch down some I'd be a happy camper.

This is really a great group. I'm so happy I found you.
  • gramanana
    gramanana Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    Everyone is doing so well, I'm a little ashamed of myself.

Major win for me was to get calories under control and I've finally done that more than 2 days in a row.

However, I still need to work on my exercise routine--can't seem to get one going. Just pure laziness I guess and I have to get over it.

You are all an inspiration and I will try to do better and keep up.

Have a great week everyone!
  • missyfit13
    missyfit13 Posts: 21
    Options
    Hello everyone,

I am finally able to post a weight loss of 2 lbs. I have been jogging 4 laps twice a day around my small acreage and continue to play soccer with my border collie. I am also walking several times a week, and managed 6 miles on my fitbit today. I am also golfing one day a week.

I hope to keep the 2 lbs off and maybe more next week. Also I am trying Herbalife starting this week. I will add it to my smoothie I fix in the morning.

Pat
  • retiredholly54
    retiredholly54 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Hi to everyone, late posting, I had just logged in yesterday when I got a call from a friend who needed to talk and I was too tired after to log back in.

Glad to read everyone's posts, and welcome back Ker, missed you, was a little worried.

The past week was a klutz week for me - danced on broken glass and attacked myself with a lounger. Was on the pity pot for a couple of days, but got myself back off with motivational help from my friends here - you know who you are! Much thanks.

I was able to report a loss, down 1.4. I had in my mind a mini goal of losing 15 by the end of June, still have a few days to try to reach it. I will have to move it, move it.

Hope everyone has a fantastic week as we come into July!

Holly
  • hayleyandpaigesgrandma
    Options
    Sorry I am late. I didn't have a great week this week and the scale was up 2 lbs. Because of the Canada Day holiday there isn't a weigh in next week so I have more time to get that back off. We are going to the trailer again this weekend so I hope to get some extra walking in. GOOD LUCK to everyone.
  • jugar
    jugar Posts: 10,054 Member
    Options
    Late again! I don't know why Wednesdays get so crazy...

In any case, no thanks to my somewhat lackadaisical exercise motivation, I have lost another pound and got back into the teens! (the jeans are feeling pretty good too) Sadly, it is mostly because of some stomach troubles that make me feel full all the time and take some of the happy out of eating. It is getting better today - hopefully on the way out.

I like the idea of football with a border collie. It's a great image!

Have a great rest-of-week, everyone
  • marca_june
    marca_june Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Well, here I am bringing up the rear! We used to chop cotton (that was a long time ago!) for on of daddys' friends and he would say, I don't lead my workers, I drive them. We would laugh cause we knew he was kidding! Oh memories, no one can take them away!

I had a great loss this week, it surprised me. I lost 4.75 lb. but I am one of those that barely loses thru the month and bam one good loss. That can be confusing to me. Maybe even a small gain too so I was really smiling when I got off the scales. Scales, we never know what they may say and we don't need to let them leave us with a down feeling. I feel like you know how that is. We have to remind ourselves how far we have come and just stay on program eating healthy foods and exercise as much as we are able to. The weight will eventually come off.

It looked like everyone has done a great job on here and that is just wonderful!! I will be on here more often. I was going to last night and got busy doing other things. So on to another week!
  • 53welshlady
    53welshlady Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I'm late this week!

Well the scales seem to have stuck again, but another pair of trousers fit - I bought them a few years ago without trying them on and they were so small - I'm sure they had the wrong label on them!! Put them one side to return and never did, they ended up in the back of the cupboard. Tried them on a few weeks ago on a good day and they were still too small. However this week they slip on easily - and I'm wearing them in work today. It's our dress down Friday so skinny jeans and vest top are the order of the day for me - hope I'm not too cold when everyone comes in and the air con gets turned on :frown:

I had a few too many glasses of wine this Sunday, and this always results in a sticky scale, also not so much exercise for one reason and another. But I still feel good so will keep on doing more of the same as it is obviously working.

Haven't read all the posts yet - I'm in catch up mode so hope everybody is doing well.

Jen