jmzz1
jmzz1 Posts: 670 Member
i have got my blood work done and here are the results

LIPID PROFILE

HDL Cholesterol - 22mg (40-65mg/dl)

LDL Cholesterol - 58mg ( 50-130mg/dl)

VLDL Cholesterol - 6mg (15-40mg/dl)

TRIGLYCERIDES - 30mg (60-150 mg/dl)

TOTAL CHOLESTEROL -110mg/dl (140-200mg/dl)

TOTLA CHOL/ HDL RATIO - 5 (<5)

FASTING BLOOD SUGAR - 83mg/dl (<100 mg/dl)

FOLLICLE STIMULATING HORMONE (FSH) - 5.49mIU/ml

Thyroid stimulating Hormone(TSH) - 2.35 mIU/ml

How am i supposed to lose weight?where am i going wrong that my weight is not reducing?

my weight is 74kgs and height is 165cms

Replies

• Leonidas_meets_Spartacus
    Leonidas_meets_Spartacus Posts: 6,198 Member
    Options
    I am not understanding, what has blood work got to do with weight loss,
  • Dragonwolf
    Dragonwolf Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    I am not understanding, what has blood work got to do with weight loss,

She has PCOS. For women with PCOS, bloodwork is pretty much everything.

OP, I don't see fasting insulin on there, do you have that number? In my experience, that's the big factor in weight loss success with PCOS.

That said, your cholesterol numbers are rather low across the board, which is a mixed blessing. Have you been eating eggs? If not, try working some in regularly. They're loaded with good nutrients that can help increase HDL, especially if you can get pastured (or barring that, Omega-3 enriched).

You don't appear to be tracking your food intake (at least not on MFP), so it's possible you're not eating the right amount of food. Try tracking for a week or so to see where you're at, then adjust from there. Don't worry about hitting anything MFP says, just track for informational purposes and see where things fall. After the week, you can tweak from there.

Also, what are you doing for exercise? You're at a weight where you'll probably benefit more from weight lifting/strength training than cardio to shed the remaining body fat.