First A1C Results : )

Options
diabetesdieter
diabetesdieter Posts: 47 Member
Hi everyone. I got my first A1C results yesterday. After an initial reading of 9.4 on 1/16/14 (my youngest daughter's birthday)...my A1C was 5.3! I was hoping for under 5.5, but I wasn't sure I was going to make it. So psyched! Closer to being off meds (I hope).

Replies

• mrron2u
    mrron2u Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. I got my first A1C results yesterday. After an initial reading of 9.4 on 1/16/14 (my youngest daughter's birthday)...my A1C was 5.3! I was hoping for under 5.5, but I wasn't sure I was going to make it. So psyched! Closer to being off meds (I hope).

So awesome!! Congrats! Your hard work had really paid off!

I am in the same boat of sorts. It's hard to wait till the end of July to check my A1C again. I was at 9.4 last time and I just know mine has to be much lower due to the efforts I've put in. You give me hope!!!

Keep up the great work!!!
  • DenDweller
    DenDweller Posts: 1,438 Member
    Options
    Very nice!
  • amberj32
    amberj32 Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!! How exciting! Keep up the good work. Mine was 11.4 when I was diagnosed at the end of April then 8.9 a month later. I'm hoping next month it will be closer to 6%.
  • amberj32
    Options
    Since you don't have a public food diary, I was wondering what types of foods you are eating? Calories per day? Carbs per day?

Thanks.
  • diabetesdieter
    Options
    Since you don't have a public food diary, I was wondering what types of foods you are eating? Calories per day? Carbs per day?

Amber I eat about 1200 calories a day. I like almonds, cheese, beef jerky, Ezekial sprouted grain bread, any of the low carb breads (I love bread). I still am eating carbs, but I limit the grams. I eat a lot of fresh fruit like blueberries, strawberries, cherries, etc.

I eat Kind bars (made of nuts/fruits/agave) for lunch or yogurt. As I have lost weight my BS have gotten better. It's been 5 months and I am sure at the 3 month mark it would of been higher : )
  • diabetesdieter
    Options

So awesome!! Congrats! Your hard work had really paid off!

I am in the same boat of sorts. It's hard to wait till the end of July to check my A1C again. I was at 9.4 last time and I just know mine has to be much lower due to the efforts I've put in. You give me hope!!!

Keep up the great work!!!

You can do it too! I definitely have been working hard, but it's not unreasonable. Good luck on your journey!

Kerri
  • diabetesdieter
    Options
    Very nice!

Thanks!
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Isn't it wonderful when you get that concrete proof that your hard work is paying off?
  • amberj32
    Options

Amber I eat about 1200 calories a day. I like almonds, cheese, beef jerky, Ezekial sprouted grain bread, any of the low carb breads (I love bread). I still am eating carbs, but I limit the grams. I eat a lot of fresh fruit like blueberries, strawberries, cherries, etc.

I eat Kind bars (made of nuts/fruits/agave) for lunch or yogurt. As I have lost weight my BS have gotten better. It's been 5 months and I am sure at the 3 month mark it would of been higher : )

I don't know if I can go that low on calories. I'm at 1720 per day now. I think I have a little more weight still to lose than you. I like almonds, cheese and beef jerky. My sodium macro doesn't really like the beef jerky I eat though. lol... I will have to try the Ezekial bread. I have seen it at the store. I love bread also. I haven't tried the Kind bars yet.

Thank you!!!
  • kamaperry
    kamaperry Posts: 885 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!
  • Alsvic
    Alsvic Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Great Job

Getting those A1c results are like doing the limbo dance you keep wondering how low you can go.
  • truckerbabe67
    Options
    WOW congrat's! that is awesome!!!! yeahh! well i went from 8.1 to my last A1C was down to 6.1 still little high but not near as bad as it was! :)

and ive lost a few lbs sense then! so hopefully it will be even less by time i do my next one!