Gave birth: 173
    6 week postpartum checkup: 154.2
  • spunkychelsea
    spunkychelsea Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Pre-Pregnancy: 185

Wow! You are so impressive! I am jealous, but I know you worked hard to get where you are! You're so close to goal!
  • MandyMason7
    MandyMason7 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Pre-Pregnancy: 185

Wow! You are so impressive! I am jealous, but I know you worked hard to get where you are! You're so close to goal!

I'm 19.2 lbs from goal weight but I have a lot of toning I need to do and I can't be too aggressive with my weight loss goals because I'm exclusively breastfeeding and can't risk my milk supply. Baby comes first for the next year but it doesn't mean I'm not going to try my hardest :) I do know on top of having to worry about my milk supply I am also considered a healthy weight for my height right now so it's going to be even harder to get the pounds off.
  • misskerouac
    misskerouac Posts: 2,242 Member
    Options
    Pre pregnancy: 167
    End of pregnancy: 213
    Total gain: 46lbs

2week pp : 186 - down 27 lbs
    3week pp : 184 - down 29 lbs
  • tiggerhammon
    tiggerhammon Posts: 2,211 Member
    Options
    Week 3 check in ....

Total pregnancy gain: 27lbs
    First day home - day 6 postpartum: down 3 lbs
    Day 7/1 week: down 13lbs
    2 week: down 21 lbs
    3 week: down 22 lbs

5lbs to go. It's coming off much slower now but still coming off so I am happy.
  • Love4fitnesslove4food2
    Love4fitnesslove4food2 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Well, I'm 36 weeks now and baby girl could really arrive at any time. My OB thinks I will have her early and I do too but I'm not going to hold my breath. In any case, I've given quite a bit of thought to my postpartum plan and I want it to be reasonable, effective, yet not in any way compromise my milk supply.

So, my plan is to start at 8 weeks out (need to establish my supply) eating a bit less than maintenance (a bit--as in 250 calories less or thereabouts).

Hopefully, by March 1st (7 full months after delivery) I'll be at my happy weight. This is based on me dropping 20 pounds in the first 4 weeks (just a guess of course), losing 1 pound per week between 4 and 8 weeks, and then losing 1/2 pound per week until I'm at goal.

This is my "plan" in the sense that if at any point I have a diminishing milk supply then I will certainly put all of this on hold. I have a reasonable goal which is to take 6 months to lose 15 pounds after the initial weight falls off. This is extremely doable and doesn't really worry me. I'm excited to see how my body responds.
  • lonnie26
    lonnie26 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi all ???? I just had my first baby back in October. The last 2-3month's I have started getting serious about losing this weight.

Pre-pregnancy: 199
    Oct.15th delivery day:275
    Currently:207
    I have been starting by getting my eating habits under control. (Or at least trying) I feel super hungry when I exercise so I want to be able to control that by getting my eating controlled. Just last week I started taking my son and our 2bloodhounds for walks. I don't log my walks because I don't want to eat those calories back. I am not currently breast feeding anymore. I have been finding that lowering my carbs had been helping but I basically follow MFP the way it sets you up. My goal is to get back to a healthy weight for me and my son. Any advice and encouragement is appreciated. ???? if I can offer any help to any other momma's feel free to ask????
  • sammanthahulkoff
    sammanthahulkoff Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    pre -pregnancy weight: 213
    pregnancy weight gain: 2 pounds! had HG morning sickness the whole time

and currently at 7 weeks postpartum (due date was 5/20/14)
    weight: 195
  • lina011
    lina011 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    Pre preggo weigjt 163 pounds
    39+3 days delivery date 211 pounds :(
    6 days pp 200 pounds
  • spunkychelsea
    spunkychelsea Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    5'2"/5'3"
    PP baby #3: 135
    Day of Delivery: 157.0 (22 lb weight gain)
    Evening I came home from hospital: 148.8
    2 weeks: 142.6
    4 weeks: 142.6 (mom cooked)
    6 weeks: 139.4
    8 weeks: 139.4 (4th of July eating caused me to gain 3 lbs, almost lost it now)

Ugh! Need to stop binging!
  • tiggerhammon
    Options
    Everyone is doing great! Chelsea, you are so close!

Today is 4 weeks postpartum for me and I am up 0.8lbs from last week.
    I have been eating a ton this past week, and not the healthiest choices either.
    Nursing has me hungry all the freaking time and I just keep eating whatever is close and easy because I am so busy with baby.
    Need to come up with a system that works better or at least buy a bunch of fruits and vegetables for easy grab snacks.
  • laurenb1994
    laurenb1994 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Lost 2lbs from 3 weeks pp to 9 months pp.

A number of reasons lead to this. PPD, comfort eating, boredom eating, feeling to rushed and busy to eat healthily, moving and having a lack of support which has lead to me not exercising as I don't get time without my daughter. And then I also had the nexplanon implant in November.

I just feel really disappointed in myself and sad. And it's hard to get the motivation to get going again.
  • seidel1325
    seidel1325 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Pre-pregnancy weight: 134.0
    Height: 5'6.5"
    Delivery Weight: 159.6 (+25.6)
    Day 10 postpartum: 141.6
  • Love4fitnesslove4food2
    Love4fitnesslove4food2 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Pre-pregnancy weight: 134.0
    Height: 5'6.5"
    Delivery Weight: 159.6 (+25.6)
    Day 10 postpartum: 141.6

Wow, that's incredible.
  • lina011
    lina011 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    14 days pp 193 pounds so I've lost 18 pounds so far Ibtw haven't started any exercise or eating correctly yet
  • tiggerhammon
    Options
    Lost 2lbs from 3 weeks pp to 9 months pp.

A number of reasons lead to this. PPD, comfort eating, boredom eating, feeling to rushed and busy to eat healthily, moving and having a lack of support which has lead to me not exercising as I don't get time without my daughter. And then I also had the nexplanon implant in November.

I just feel really disappointed in myself and sad. And it's hard to get the motivation to get going again.

You can do it. It is not easy but it is so worth it. :)

... I missed my 5 week weigh in. Been on vaca since Thursday and wasn't by a scale on weigh in day. 6 weeks postpartum is in 5 days now. My original goal was to see if I could return to prepregnancy weight by 6 weeks. I can tell you right now, I won't make it - and, that is okay. I just need a bit longer is all, I will get there :)
  • RBXChas
    RBXChas Posts: 2,708 Member
    Options
    Sorry that was so long/explanatory.

TL;DR version:

Pre-preg low: 154

Pre-preg weight: 160-165/170 somewhere

Before delivery at 39+ weeks: 240 (!)

A couple of weeks postpartum: 220

After a year of struggle due to BFing: 211.2

Last weigh-in at a hair before 13 months postpartum: 202.6

^This was my last post.

Just updating, it's 3 days before my younger guy's 14-month birthday and 5 days from the two-month mark of starting to log/try to lose again, and I'm down to 199.2. I started working out hard (Spinning) again on the weekends, and I had a two-week stall on the scale, which makes my numbers for the month look sort of pathetic (3.4 lbs lost). However the scale is going down, my body is changing, and I'm getting my sweat on :)
  • tiggerhammon
    Options
    However the scale is going down, my body is changing, and I'm getting my sweat on :)

That's a total win in my book! Besides, 3.4lbs in a month isn't too bad.
  • fava87
    fava87 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I gained a total of 30 lbs which is massive considering I only gained 20 with my first and 15 with my second. I'm 4 weeks pop and I've lost 20 lbs and have 10 left. This last 10 is going to be a doozie to loose. With each pregnancy I was left with 10lbs and it never came off easily I had to work it off. As soon as these stupid stitches heal and m not in pain anymore I'll get back on the workout wagon. I've tried zumba once and I tore a stitch so I'm on hold till full healing.
  • tiggerhammon
    Options
    Need to be careful for sure Fava. I had a Csection with my first and my stitches tore at 6 days postpartum. Then (this was after being given the clear at 6 weeks) I twisted to try and pop my back and tore a stomach muscle.
    I plan to be a little more gentle to myself this time. I had a Csection again and feel even weaker this time around than I did with my first.