Something Clicked!

Options
On Monday night I was sitting watching television with my husband and scrolling through my fb and the colour run came up.... I then stated I AM GOING TO DO IT!!! its 2 months and 26 days away but I am determined to do it, I downloaded the app and took my husband and dog to the track and completed #1 I was ecstatic! I felt surprisingly good!

I completed #2 yesterday and felt amazing as well. I can't wait to graduate!!! I can't wait to do the Colour run!!

Replies

• nicca_jb
    nicca_jb Posts: 1,278 Member
    Options
    On Monday night I was sitting watching television with my husband and scrolling through my fb and the colour run came up.... I then stated I AM GOING TO DO IT!!! its 2 months and 26 days away but I am determined to do it, I downloaded the app and took my husband and dog to the track and completed #1 I was ecstatic! I felt surprisingly good!

I completed #2 yesterday and felt amazing as well. I can't wait to graduate!!! I can't wait to do the Colour run!!

That is GREAT!! That's actually what got me going too... I really, really wanted to be able to do more than walk the Color Run in May. :) WTG!
  • pmur
    pmur Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    That's wonderful news! You can do it :)
  • mrshilderley
    Options
    I finished week two Day one yesterday. It was tough but was successful. The heat and humidity are getting to me!
  • DaisyH36
    DaisyH36 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am signed up for the Color Run in my area as well. My 10 year old wanted to do it after her teacher was telling the class about her experience. So the next day we signed up and started C25K. We are on wk 7 day 2, well we will be redoing that tonight since we got rained out last night. We have only 17 days until our event.

Have Fun! The app is great, I need someone to specifically tell me what to do.
  • CarlaMomOf4
    CarlaMomOf4 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I finished week two Day one yesterday. It was tough but was successful. The heat and humidity are getting to me!

Try running in the mornings, it may help with the heat and humidity. Congrats on getting motivated. My first 5k ever was Run or Dye, which is basically the same as the Colour Run. It was an amazing first experience and had me hooked after that! The biggest tip I can give you is to go slow. Stay with the app, keep your pace slow. I was pushing too hard thinking I was going slow and couldn't push past a 3 minute run. I was exhausted. The other day I physically had someone stop me and explained I was pushing too hard. Go slower she said. Well low and behold, she was right. I just finished week 5 day 1 yesterday, it was 5 minute runs. I felt great and could go longer. At the end of the program I was still far from home so I thought what the heck, I'll try to run it. I ran for 11 full minutes and could have even went further. All because I slowed down. In my opinion besides stick with it, slow down is the best advice!! Best of luck on your journey, you can do it!!!! :happy: