CHALLENGE YOURSELF :)

Options
sayray16
sayray16 Posts: 62 Member
Hello All! Today I challenge you to find a 5K in your area and sign up! I am signing up for the Pacific Grove Lighthouse 5K in Monterey, CA on Saturday, November 15th. If you happen to live in the area, I have provided a link below for details to this particular run. The reason why I created this group was to create a support system for runners. So far, I have seen exactly that. Everyone has been doing great with their progress and I hope that this group has provided encouragement to push just a few steps more during your walk/jog/run. Many 5K's are announced months in advance so if you feel like you need time to prep, that's fine. Try to look for a race that fits you, and then sign up! Good luck everyone and happy running!

http://www.bigsurhalfmarathon.org/Event_Information/courseinfo5k.htm

Replies

• STrooper
    STrooper Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    On the 5K level, I am signed up for the Gail Parkins Ovarian Cancer 5K and walk on September 13th. We have a team that I participate with in honor of one of our coworkers who died from ovarian cancer a couple of years ago.

I want to run the Hilton Head 5K on July 4th, but it doesn't look like I can fit in all the cross-cutting family scheduling issues.
  • sayray16
    sayray16 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Thats great! Running is great on its own but it's even better when you are running for a cause. This sounds like a great way to recognize and honor your coworker.