Weekend workouts

Options
Happy weekend ladies! How do you usually do with your workout and nutrition on the weekends? Weekends totally MESS me up!!! I always get so mad at myself because I work so hard during the week and completely let myself go on the weekends. I know that we are all humans and there is nothing wrong with having a cookie or some wine, but my goal is to be more cautious to what I eat on the weekends. I used to never workout but I am slowly starting to change that as well and at least get one workout in during the weekend. I am such a person of routine and I feel like I have none on the weekends and that's why I struggle! What about you?? How do you do on the weekends? On this note, I am going to make myself do some PiYO :)))

Replies

• maicap22
    maicap22 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    I did pretty well this Saturday. I am not sure tomorrow because we're gonna go out so that means eat out. I am just hoping that I will not binge even if I over eat. If I over eat, I aim to have the minimum excess as possible.I at least want to still complete my exercise tomorrow.
  • jocop2003
    jocop2003 Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    I have been struggling, I am trying to log everything to keep me accountable but it doesn't seem to end that way. I start out good and than end up sucking. I went for a walking twice yesterday and so far once today.

I am going to work out a little bit now while the kids have their breakfast.
  • FightingFitMom
    FightingFitMom Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Worst weekend.. No work out..
  • GetFitWithPolina
    Options
    Don't beat yourself up! It happens that we can't get to it. As long as you get back on track and keep moving forward!!
  • TrishNWA
    TrishNWA Posts: 3
    Options
    HI there, this is my first post! So please let me introduce myself. I used to do races (Marathons/Long bike race/Tough Mudder ...) Until this year i decided to get certified and started teaching. Now i am hired to teach at LA Fitness, Fitness Evo and 24 Hour Fitness HIIT/Bootcamp/Zumba. This is my side hobby cuz i love to workout and like to meet people beside my technical job at Intel Corp. I am married with 2 wonderful kids - 14 and 11. I have been eating healthy food for main meals but i always like to snack given living with two kids. My kids are competitive swimmers, swimming 2-3 hours for 7 days a week, so they are in good shape. I am in good shape as well, but i have never measure my food or have any day that i eat totally clean without snacks that not on my list. Finally, i decide to start a 21 days challenge just like Beach Body but with my workout and my food budget. It works well the first 5 days in the week and when i came to the last two days weekend i went to a full day training and then a family re-union get together. Food was every where, but i manage to eat only healthy food salad, clean protein, fruit and nuts but i know i was way over my budget. However, i can still claim i eat 100% clean.
    Anyway, yes weekend screws everybody up and i am totally with you so don't feel bad. It's not just you but we will keep trying our best. This is my 2nd week of what i call 100% eat clean train dirty to help me meet my goal. My goal is realistic if i stay on track. It's only 1.5 pound a week based on my calculation of 3500 calories/pound of fat with the food and the workout i do. I do mostly interval training and strength training and Zumba for fun/cardio. So keep up the good works everyone!
  • GetFitWithPolina
    Options
    That is amazing that you are so involved with fitness!!!! I was always on and off during my young years, but I truly became obsessed with it when I did Insanity 4 years and have gotten in the best shape of my life! I lost so much weight after my last pregnancy with this program and totally fell in love with fitness and Beachbody. I probably did every program they came out with more than once. I just started Insanity (day one today) again after many years because I feel it will get me where I want to be by the end of summer. I am also doing PiYo (the new program that was just launched). I need to be better about my nutrition but I make constant effort to eat clean at least 80 to 90% of the time. Weekends are hard but I still try to watch it! I am very happy to connect with you and thank you for joining this group!!!! Feel free to friend me on FB www.facebook.com/polinayur - I always post about workout and health there too!
  • FightingFitMom
    FightingFitMom Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Reading a lot on insanity now a days. I am tempted but I will take it slow. Maybe after I reach my goal weight ( ~50 kg ) I will try insanity.
  • GetFitWithPolina
    Options
    Insanity was a game changer for me. I went all in and it really changed everything. But you can definately take it slow and work your way up to it. I was just so desparate to lose the weight so I went all in and did the best I could. I could not get through the first 5 minutes when I started but every day I got better and completed the program with some incredible results! You don't have to be anywhere your ideal weight to start, you just have to be committed and you will definately get results!