Phase 1-weight gain?

Options
Lynn5cmu
Lynn5cmu Posts: 7 Member
Starting tomorrow with the lifting and diet plan. I am little nervous with no cardio... I have a lot of weight to lose. im reading reviews about this program, I feel like a lot of people experienced weight gain. I know you need to eat more to build muscle...but I just cant afford to gain any more weight. if anyone else would share their experiences , that would me much appreciated :)

Replies

• deuce1920
    deuce1920 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I have not started this program, but it is on my radar to do. I used a couple of programs from the body building website. My experience has been that it has slowed down my weight lost because I was building muscle at the same time. I am about 8 lbs from my goal weight and once I get to goal, I plan to use this program to increase my muscle tone. I wish you lunch in starting this new journey.
  • peejaygee1
    peejaygee1 Posts: 3,588 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I've just started week 3. So far I haven't experienced any major weight gain (aside from a hormonal fluctuation from TTOM). I have adjusted my macros to the ratios Jamie recommends (40p, 20f, 40c) and am attempting to stick with my slight deficit that I had prior to starting the program, but find some days I am famished form the strength training so don't mind going over a little (i.e. 100-300 calories).

I'm already seeing some difference in my muscle definition in my arms. Cardio does come in eventually (week 5 from memory), and I was nervous about the lack of it in the beginning of the program, but have chosen to trust the results I've seen from reviews online.

I'm loving the increase in strength I've developed so far, and given it's only early days am looking forward to seeing my final results!