Challenge wrap up

Options
shmulyeng
shmulyeng Posts: 472 Member
As this challenge is coming to an end, I found myself thinking that it's pretty much over for me since I probably won't make my challenge goal. Last night I was debating whether to go out for a run since it was pretty late (11PM). At the end I pushed myself and actually had a great run. While running I decided to make a push to try to meet my goal. So even though I haven't lost more than an average of 1 pound a week over the last couple of months, I'm going for two for this week. It will be tough and I probably won't make it. But the one thing this whole journey has taught me is that without effort, you get nothing.

How are all you taking this last week?

Replies

• Shaky44
    Shaky44 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I'm afraid I won't make this goal, although I will have lost 10+ lbs. My blood pressure has been low and so I eliminated the diuretic from my regimen (my doctor and I had discussed this at my last appointment - she wanted me to eliminate it at that time and I said I would keep an eye on my BP and take action if necessary). I'm going to put on a few lbs because of this, which isn't a big deal because I wasn't going to make it anyway.

A few weeks ago I said that the end of this challenge would be the last of me eating at a deficit for a while. Even though I'm a little heavier than I would want, I "think" I'm going to keep to that. I'm still trying to decide if my next step is eat at maintenance or go into a bulk/cut type regimen. My overall goal is to get a lot stronger and I'm planning to increase my heavy lifting schedule from a maintenance program (2x/week, static weight) to a strength building program (3x/week, increasing weights per Stronglifts regimen), regardless.

Thanks to everyone for all the support and encouragement.
  • kimjutjor
    kimjutjor Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    I ain't gonna make my goal either, but I am closer to it nonetheless.
  • skittlesnhoney
    skittlesnhoney Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    My goal was a bit unobtainable but I know now that I need to make it an end of the year goal and focus on about a 1/2 lb. a week loss. I'm going to continue to work towards gaining strength and perfecting my workout schedule as well as reining in my eating habits to a healthier standard. I logged in for the 181st day today and plan on going strong the rest of this year. I have faith in the process!
  • bm1409
    bm1409 Posts: 1,715 Member
    Options
    I wont reach my goal by the end of this challenge .... but I will one day reach my goal. I started going to the gym last week to get some strength training in and also to start toning. Although I haven't lost all the pounds I wanted to lose, I have lost a few inches. This challenge may be over.....but its still on for me! High five to everyone! :flowerforyou:
  • mulecanter
    mulecanter Posts: 1,792 Member
    Options
    I too am feeling the same. I have no excuse for not losing a pound, one pound. I keep bouncing off of some invisible force field that saps my resolve. Even though July 4 at 180 probably won't happen I have not given up. There is always my one year anniversary on August 1. I am considering this my transition to maintenance. I have already set my new maintenance goal of maintaining at or below goal weight (with a fluctuation band) until my niece's wedding in November. Part of keeping at goal weight for a year (and then more).
  • jackson7478
    jackson7478 Posts: 700 Member
    Options
    I also won't hit my goal for this challenge, but for one year on mfp and hitting 100lbs, I feel pretty good about myself. I still have a lot to go, but I have plenty of time ahead of me to do it. I'm going to take a short break, maintain, then get after it again with a vengeance!!

Have a great holiday week everyone and be safe!!!:drinker: :drinker:
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    I won't be hitting my goal... I blame yummy summer foods and my lack of self control. :laugh: :drinker:
  • TurboTam
    TurboTam Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I'm not going to hit my goal either. I don't know what I blame other than myself and my lack of planning! Still heading in the right direction though and every little bit helps! This group has been awesome for keeping me on track. If I didn't have weekly weigh in's I probably would have crawled up the scale instead of down.
  • shmulyeng
    Options
    I think I might have a fighting chance to make it! Of course this is the week my scale decides to crap out on me :explode:

I ordered new batteries. Hopefully they'll arrive today since I won't be home to weight myself tomorrow and Friday.
  • shmulyeng
    Options
    To all those that won't hit their goals (maybe me included), I don't think it should be taken as a failure at all. If the challenge helped you lose even one pound, you were successful! It's not "all or nothing". In my opinion, one of the biggest challenges to lose weight is the lack of instant gratification. It's a long term struggle with lots of setbacks. One of the key benefits that I took out of MFP is the way the struggle is broken down into small (as in one day at a time) pieces. It's much easier to be good for one day. And if you fail one day, the next day is a new start. Participating in these challenges is another way of breaking down your ultimate goal into smaller pieces. 3 months for the challenge and then even further for the weekly weigh ins. In that regard, it's been extremely helpful for me.
  • mspoopoo
    mspoopoo Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Maybe everyone didn't meet a particular number on a scale they wanted but everyone here is a winner. Looks at how far everyone has come since they first started these challenges last year!

Lots of lbs lost and much better fitness. I would say that is a win!

I still have 20lbs I want to lose but I know it is going to be slow and that's ok.