Workouts 6/30-7/7

Options
2»

Replies

• jellybeansmamma
    jellybeansmamma Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    w1d3 today. did pretty good, ran all the runs, ran 4 times during the free run section. My shins are really starting to hurt though. gonna rest for 2 days with lots of arnica on them, hopefully they will be fine by Thursdays run, w2d1!
  • SJKirk51912
    SJKirk51912 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Getting ready to do W3D3....also very slow. Never get close to 5K in 30minutes....I have been adding some walk/jog time at the end (what ever feels good) to get closer to the mileage. Anyone who has done this in the past....what do you recommend. Complete program and THEN work on pace? or repeat weeks increasing pace.
    Allie

When I completed it in the past I was never close to a 5K in 30 minutes either but I just stuck with what the program told me. I discovered that as I kept with it I got stronger (and smaller) and therefore could run slightly faster but my normal was about 11-12 minutes per mile.

Also, during the program I never ran more than 30 minutes but when I ran my first 5K I was able to run for 38 minutes straight and complete it. Just stick with it and remember even though you may be "slow" you are still lapping everyone on the couch.
  • SJKirk51912
    SJKirk51912 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Over the long weekend I completed W1D2 and W1D3. Both days went pretty well. Ready for W2D1 either tomorrow or Wednesday.
  • leahfrederiksen
    leahfrederiksen Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I am doing Week 2 day 3 today. Getting a bit nervous about the next one as it seems a big jump! eek!
  • JenniferRHughes
    JenniferRHughes Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I am going to brisk walk/job my first five k. Many people do this. I love what you said......if you are not on the couch your are doing it!!!