Changes that come with weight loss.

Options
LadyArchangel
LadyArchangel Posts: 124 Member
I hope there isn't a topic on this already, if there is- I'm sorry!

Anyway I was wondering what things have changed for you since losing weight. Anywhere from eating habits, sizes, health, etc. Even the smallest things. I feel this can be full of inspiration!

For me, it has helped my health the most. I was diagnosed with Type 2 Diabetes at age 19 (I'm 23 now) and ever since I began trying to lose weight, my A1c level and blood sugar levels fall in the normal range! It has also regulated other things for me, and given me hope that I might be able to become a mother in the future.
Cravings have changed a lot. I used to love drinking 2 sodas a day, and now I only stick with water. Drinking soda tends to make me feel ill. Fast food places aren't my thing anymore, which is great, and I tend to crave fruits and veggies much more than anything else.
Except pizza.... pizza is always a weakness.

So... what has weight loss changed for you, so far?

Replies

• chilly1470
    chilly1470 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I am on day 16 and have lost 7 pounds so far. Already I feel the change in energy and inertia. I stay on my feet more and have only taken two naps, where I used to nap everyday for two hours just to energize. I needed it since I had all that sloppy fat food sloshing around in my belly, making me groggy. Good wholesome nutrition and a balanced diet can work wonders. I have cut out the pop and sweets and feel much better. I had eliminated some things but found I can have them at various times as long as I follow my intake numbers, and I have so far. I found it to be illuminating that you CAN eat anything, just in moderation and ensure you are getting proper nutrition to make all the engine parts work. That is a mistake some make by starving themselves. Their body then loses the ability to burn calories properly and they stand still. Your body needs a proper diet, and in that we can have pizza now and then, a bowl of ice cream, a candy bar. I personally don't for now, as I am a junk food and sweets junky. Later on, I may give it a try and see if I am able to handle the shock to my system. I am quite getting used to not having sweets and pop, and have fallen in love with water, of all things, and veggies, and whole wheat. I can actually taste them now. I thought having this many changes 16 days in would not be an issue. My pants are loosening, and ahem, falling at times so I had to cinch my belt in. Victory. My 5X shirts are loose now. Seems too soon with only 7 lbs lost, but it is happening. I know, the inches as opposed to weight, and I love it. Add me as a friend if you like, and peace to you.
  • EspressoLvr
    EspressoLvr Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    My blood pressure and cholesterol have improved exponentially.

I feel stronger from the exercise and that comes across as confidence I never thought possible. I still struggle with shame of my size, but there is so much more confidence, that I don't notice the shame as much.
  • Aynetal3
    Aynetal3 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm only on day 6, but notice already how much enthusiasm I have for the entire fitness program - especially all the people connections. It's like exercise and vegetables were just born! Today one of the goals is to be cutting up some veggies to last for a few days to add to a tomato salad easily. I remember doing it once before when I had lost a lot of weight and it seems to be holding as a good memory. I am drinking a lot more water, which seems to be helping, and I've gotten support from my family and friends. They've done that before, but now especially since I'm feeling so immersed in doing what's right. Yup yup - that's new for sure!

Our best,
    Ann

(sorry for pronouns - I'm/We're a Multiple)
  • shannonin
    shannonin Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I've found that it's easier to just move around, I can get off the couch easier and I'm finding myself WANTING to move more. I feel lazy if I'm just laying around all day and I've found that now that I've been doing this for 5, almost 6 months, there is no way I could consume the amounts of food I was eating before, I'd be stuffed and feel sick. Not to mention certain things now making me sick anyway, like if I eat too much sugar or fast food. I've also got loads more energy, and I have ankles again.