Yeah

Options
cahf
cahf Posts: 137 Member
Hi guys,

I'm currently standing on a very makeshift standing desk - trying to move around a lot more - but I finally screwed up the courage to weigh myself after 3 weeks and I lost 3 pound! And someone told me I was looking skinnier today (although how they could tell when I have something like 89 more to lose I don't know). But I've been exercising lots and really cut out sugar. It is very odd - I'm trying so hard to not let this run my life because this healthy approach needs to be for the rest of my life - and it actually isn't running my life. I'm not hungry and last night actually had to eat more because MFP told me I was under 1200 calories. I've always exercised, always eaten my fruits and veges, and always eaten WAY too many treats. What I'm wondering is if the excess sugar was having crazy affects on my appetite. Who knows, but I haven't lost weight in years so I'm really excited about a slow and steady loss of 1 pound/week. How are you guys doing today?

Replies

• arelyedrey
    arelyedrey Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi Cahf!

Nice job! Congratulations! I'm happy to hear about your 1 pound/week challenge because in my experience, 1 pound/week is do-able and not too stressful. I think it's a goal that is easier to keep consistent with. I've fluctuated up and down 3 pounds in the last week but i can feel my clothes a little looser so I know I'm at a good pace. Let's keep it up!
  • mbam89
    mbam89 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Good for you, Cahf! I know it can take a lot of courage to weigh yourself. That's exciting!
    Arelyedrey, I like that you're not so focused on your weight, but more on how your clothes feel. I feel like that's a better measurement! Keep it up guys! :)
  • Panandatkn
    Panandatkn Posts: 17
    Options
    WHOOT!!!! great job!!! I have been told that we don't really notice our own weight loss as much as someone else will because we see ourselves daily. I have done A LOT of research on cravings and what causes them (I am far from an expert here) and found out that similar to a drug addiction you body becomes addicted to having those extra carbs/sugars. That is why changing your diet is challenging at first. You feel kinda sluggish and may even feel cranky at first and after a short while the cravings stop and your energy picks up and you actually feel better than when you started. Keep up the great work!
  • cahf
    cahf Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    So for the first time I believe that sugar/processed carbs are truly addictive. Not only have I really cut down the sugar, but also the very high glycemic foods. And for the first time I'm not actually very hungry and I don't have cravings. I don't know how long it will last - its been about a week of this - but I'm enjoying it while I can!!!