It's the July 2014 Challenge!

Options
2»

Replies

• marikevr
    marikevr Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    75 for me. Trying to get my speed back after Comrades so this month calls for shorter faster runs.
  • davemunger
    davemunger Posts: 1,139 Member
    Options
    Just updated the spreadsheet. Looks like most folks are on track! Almost halfway there; keep it up everyone!
  • davemunger
    Options
    Updated the spreadsheet. Again, most folks look to be on track. Keep on entering your miles -- we're almost there!
  • MelisRunning
    MelisRunning Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    I'm very excited!!! Ran my first sub 30 5K this morning. 25 min!!! Woo-Hoo!!! Today was my last training run before Sat's 50K. Fingers crossed :)
  • davemunger
    Options
    I'm very excited!!! Ran my first sub 30 5K this morning. 25 min!!! Woo-Hoo!!! Today was my last training run before Sat's 50K. Fingers crossed :)

Wow, talk about crushing the 30-minute barrier! Awesome! Good luck on your 50k this weekend!
  • tappae
    tappae Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    I did not participate this month, but I've run more in 10 days than I did last month! I'll be back for August.
  • MelisRunning
    Options
    50K went great! It was super hot!!! They had a thermometer set out for the runners to see (sadists!). After the first 10.5 mile loop, the temp was 100F. After the second loop. 112 F. By the time I finished, it was only 98F. Placed 2nd in my age division! Woo-Hoo!
  • Cooriander
    Cooriander Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    50K went great! It was super hot!!! They had a thermometer set out for the runners to see (sadists!). After the first 10.5 mile loop, the temp was 100F. After the second loop. 112 F. By the time I finished, it was only 98F. Placed 2nd in my age division! Woo-Hoo!

Wow hat is IMPRESSIVE! 2nd place! wow and a 50K whohoooo! Congrats!

Also, Congrats on your earlier 5K PR - you are on a roll!
  • Cooriander
    Cooriander Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    I will make my goal (I think), but my left Achilles is acting up again. GRRR. :grumble:

Started a 12 week aggressive treatment earlier this week. Which worked last time, so I am optimistic. I can still run :smile:, but have to avoid uphills and aggressive speed work (which I love :heart: :cry: ). I am very happy with my Doc! :drinker: (I can still run) Yay.
  • _Josee_
    _Josee_ Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    I will make my goal (which was a cut back month). The number my training plan is saying for August is scaring me a bit, but a lot will be easy miles as my foot isn't happy when I do speed work. My biggest goal for August is to get that foot pain under control.
  • saskie78
    saskie78 Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I shall fail miserably this month. My lowest mileage month since 50 miler recovery/injury month. Took a week off during vacation to hang with family. (was also hoping for some relief from the foot issue, though that never came!). August is looking really good. It better be: marathon seems like it's around the damn corner :)
  • MelisRunning
    Options
    I know that the August challenge is not quite ready yet, but we are leaving on vacation and I don't want to miss the opportunity to commit myself to some miles.

I am thinking that with gearing up for Chicago, that a reasonable mileage should be 150(?) even with the 10 day vacation. Hold me to it, y'all!!!
  • fleetzz
    fleetzz Posts: 962 Member
    Options
    IT band making itself known and it is not happy. Will be short this month. Next month--will have to see--IT Band issues, two long haul trips. Might need to back way down on mileage.
  • crosstraindylan
    crosstraindylan Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Almost doubled my original goal this month woo. Next month I'll be aiming for 40-50 miles. Having surgery Aug 7 for a deviated septum, so I'll be out of action a couple weeks.
  • Leanz
    Leanz Posts: 2,025 Member
    Options
    I will be here for August having some hip pain and doc suggested backing off a bit so will hold my miles at 90 which I almost did this month - see no increase :)

Thanks for the motivation
  • davemunger
    Options
    Great job in July, everyone! Now it's time to sign up for August -- here's the new thread:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1378605-attempt-the-august-2014-challenge

And here are the results for July; lots of folks met their goals! If you haven't had a chance to input all your runs, go ahead and do so now, then let me know and I'll update this page.

July_MFP.png