Summer Challenge!!

Options
mamacoates
mamacoates Posts: 430 Member
Let's kick off the second half of the year with a 60 day cardio challenge!! Who's with me?? I have a spreadsheet to track our miles and minutes and looking for folks to join in and have some fun with some of our old favorite challenges as well as posting some new ideas. Hoping everyone is doing well and looking forward to reconnecting ...

We'll start with a Miles or Minutes Challenge. Check out our Summer Challenge Tracker page: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AmM0cobzcw0adEdjNVhYX2c4NGxkQzZoTFZyUzFUX1E#gid=0

For new friends, please take a look at the following post and remember that only Healthy Choices can lead to Healthy Changes. This post gives a very good overview of common sense healthy decision making: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1175494-a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants

Whoo Hoo! Let's get moving!!

Replies

• merchymachlyd
    Options
    Yes please count me in
  • annadchang
    annadchang Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Going to try my hardest. Stop making that excuse that it is HOT outside. lol
  • FabulousForForty140
    Options
    a 60 day cardio challenge sounds good to me. :) When is the start date?
  • mamacoates
    Options
    Welcome Ladies! Yesterday was the official start date for the summer cardio challenge so let's get moving!! Glad to see you back Anna - and yes, no excuses allowed. :smile:

I am looking forward to getting to know all our new members. If you haven't already, please be sure to post your introduction in the "Start Here" post, and access our tracking spreadsheet link at the top of this post to set up your goals and post your daily activity.

I just posted a "First Check-in and Ground Rules" conversation so there is more info there. Looking forward to more conversation soon!
  • Frappleberry
    Frappleberry Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Hi
    Sorry if I'm being really stupid, google spreadsheets is new to me and I'm stuck and can't access the spreadsheet. Do I type in all of the letters, symbols etc that is in your post? Is there a password?
    I'm keen to get involved in the summer challenge but need some help getting started!

Thanks
  • mamacoates
    Options
    Not a stupid question ... Yes, you have to paste the entire link into your browser. Here it is again:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AmM0cobzcw0adEdjNVhYX2c4NGxkQzZoTFZyUzFUX1E#gid=0

It is long so it wraps onto two lines. You should be able to access it directly, just with the link I have provided above. But if not, you may need a gmail account and then you log into google docs with that info. After that, no password needed.

If anyone else is having problems let me know so we can trouble shoot until everyone is on the board. :wink:
  • Frappleberry
    Frappleberry Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Not a stupid question ... Yes, you have to paste the entire link into your browser. Here it is again:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AmM0cobzcw0adEdjNVhYX2c4NGxkQzZoTFZyUzFUX1E#gid=0

It is long so it wraps onto two lines. You should be able to access it directly, just with the link I have provided above. But if not, you may need a gmail account and then you log into google docs with that info. After that, no password needed.

If anyone else is having problems let me know so we can trouble shoot until everyone is on the board. :wink:

Thanks, I've got it now and have added my name! I'm using a tablet so was having trouble copying and pasting the link, am walking tomorrow so will able to update my results! :laugh:
  • mamacoates
    Options
    Good news Frappleberry!

Clarification for the group: Some people have claimed a miles column AND a minutes column. I am doing this because I plan to do a mixed cardio program and am getting over a pulled muscle so won't be able to put many miles on the board initially.

BUT I encourage folks to choose the cardio plan that works best for them. Runners and walkers will probably track miles, and everyone else will probably track minutes. People doing a mixed program like me may also want two columns ... I just want to be sure people do not feel like they have to track both.

With that said, I am impressed with the goals that people are already posting. This is going to be a FUN summer. Whoo Hoo!!
  • LStonePTL
    LStonePTL Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I am super excited about this challenge!! YEAH!!
  • Arylea
    Arylea Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Just hopped into this group. I've added my goal, 1500 minutes. So far in July, not pushing for the goal since i wasn't here i've done 345 (took a brief week and a half off the gym after the 4th due to vacation and work chaos. Hope to hit that goal by the end of August. :D
  • mamacoates
    Options
    Welcome Arylea! We are happy to have you! Feel free to post your goals as of a current date through the end of August. You set your own pace ... We also enjoy having input in our discussion forums. Based on experience, participating in the discussion posts with the other group members is where we glean the most motivation, support and encouragement. Please check in and participate through out the week to get the most from this group. Looking forward to getting to know you better!
  • FabulousForForty140
    Options
    Hi all. I've been using the spreadsheet and it has been helping. Knowing I need to log my time and miles and knowing the goal I set it helps me during the day push myself to get some more activity in. Now...the get the scale going in the right direction. :)
  • mamacoates
    Options
    Thanks for checking in Deirdre! So proud of all of you. We are almost half way through our summer challenge. Keep up the hard work and the changes will naturally follow!!

Tough week at work for me so I haven't done so well on the exercise part this week ... but logging my foods keeps me mindful of my choices and ready to hit the gym today with my fellas. As of this morning, I have officially lost 4 of the 8 lbs that I initially set out to lose during this summer challenge so I am in a good mood this morning.

Happy Saturday everyone!! :flowerforyou: