Exercise slowing my weight loss

Options
2»

Replies

• erraticvisitor
    erraticvisitor Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I came across this video -please let me know if anyone has already tried this? I usually do resistance+cardio, but will give this a try as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zBGlIQt2w20
  • Leonidas_meets_Spartacus
    Options
    I came across this video -please let me know if anyone has already tried this? I usually do resistance+cardio, but will give this a try as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zBGlIQt2w20

Lot of bro science but she is right about Resistance training. Low carb + resistance training is best and may be add in one or two sessions of HIIT per week. Cardio slows down fat burn.
  • MikeEnRegalia
    MikeEnRegalia Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Low level cardio is helpful in addition to strength training and HIIT - if you enjoy it, and if it's really low level. For me this means for example a 40km bike ride to visit my parents. It includes 8-10 short sprints (HIIT), but otherwise I'm at a level which according to the polar heart rate sensor is solidly in the warm-up zone. Yet, for two hours it calculates over 1,000 kcal. Since I'm well trained on the bike, I can probably cut that number in half, but still, I think such activities (bike rides, hikes, swimming) are beneficial IMO if you do them occasionally.
  • Shaselai
    Shaselai Posts: 151
    Options
    i do mostly zumba. I think it kind of qualifies as HIIT...or similar to it. Lots of jumping, squatting turning etc. and most importantly it is an excercise i can and love to do.
  • MikeEnRegalia
    Options
    Zumba is more like chronic cardio - HIIT would be a 15 minute workout or shorter (tabata).
  • Shaselai
    Shaselai Posts: 151
    Options
    Zumba is more like chronic cardio - HIIT would be a 15 minute workout or shorter (tabata).

yeah you are right... but i guess what i was getting at was it has up and downs similar to HIIT - one song (3-4min) high intensity to a medium one then back up . YMMV depending on instructors of course but the place i go to is very much high intensity...
  • MikeEnRegalia
    Options
    i do mostly zumba. I think it kind of qualifies as HIIT...or similar to it. Lots of jumping, squatting turning etc. and most importantly it is an excercise i can and love to do.

Like I said above, Zumba is not HIIT - it's chronic cardio (if you're doing it several times per week). Try Tabata sprints to check out HIIT - you'll be done in 4 minutes and leave your heart and lungs on the floor - that's HIIT. ;-)