Independence Day

SimplySusan63
SimplySusan63 Posts: 88 Member
Tomorrow is Independence Day in America. For those of us who have had weight loss surgery or are scheduled to have weight loss surgery, this is wonderful opportunity to celebrate our independence from being a slave to food. How will you celebrate? What will you celebrate?

HOW: I am going to a camp in the mountains east of Albuquerque, NM where they are having a free celebration day. There will be swimming, volley ball, rock-climbing, soccer, and an old-fashion BBQ. I will be running around getting exercise and meeting new people. And I will eat responsibly!

WHAT: I am celebrating 48 lbs lost since my 5/5/14 sleeve surgery. I am celebrating the fact that I don't feel so out of control with food anymore.

Susan

Replies

• pawoodhull
    pawoodhull Posts: 1,759 Member
    July 4th is the 42nd annivesary of the first date with the husband. No I wouldn't remember it if it wasn't the 4th of July. :tongue: Anyway, he has planned to recreate our first date, which was a trip to the zoo and a picnic with my family (I was 15 at the time and not dating yet). So even though we won't be with my family per se, we will go to the zoo and have a picnic and later on go for fireworks. I am married to a great guy!

What I'm celebrating is 42 years with this wonderful man (we were married 2 years later so our 40th is next month), 160 pounds lost so far, my health and mobility back and a vastly improved life! Add to that 4 great kids and their spouses and 7 grandkids and I am truly blessed!
  • DJRonnieLINY
    DJRonnieLINY Posts: 475 Member
    How: Spent the day with family and friends at a 3 day Lacrosse tournamnet and a good 'ole Anerican style BBQ with Fireworks.

What: I celebrate the amazing idea formulated 238 years ago that our 13 Colonies were free "United States", independant of and severed from a monarchy. I remember the sacrifces made and risks taken by those brave colonists. The signers of the Declaration were all men of wealth and stature who took great personal risks to advance this ideal. Most who took up arms were far from professional soldiers.

Can you imagine world history had these men taken the easy way out and reconciled with England? There were many who pushed for a "political" solution with England that would have stopped the first modern revolution in it's tracks. Can you imagine a current politician putting thier own personal wealth and security at risk for the good of the masses?