Here is what is working for me

Options
kamaperry
kamaperry Posts: 885 Member
LCHF= Low carb High Fat, is saving my life. I try and stick to around 22-30 carbs a day. Did I have to give up anything yes, but it's worth it. I can have cheese, full fat butter, meats and veggies. I get in a wee bit of berries as a treat. My numbers have been better than ever, although I messed up abit yesterday. My dietician had me doing the old 45, 15, 45 carb bit and it was not working! My goal is to get off my meds completely and control thru diet.

Replies

• cwrig
    cwrig Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Everyone is different. The 45 15 45 bit works very well for me. My Dr has taken me off Metformin my A1C went from 9.2 to 5.0. So the "old bit" works well for some of us.
  • kamaperry
    Options
    Everyone is different. The 45 15 45 bit works very well for me. My Dr has taken me off Metformin my A1C went from 9.2 to 5.0. So the "old bit" works well for some of us.
    Good for you!!
  • hookilau
    hookilau Posts: 3,134 Member
    Options
    That's fantastic :drinker:

I'm in the same boat, it's 20 g of carb or less per day for me & I'm doing LCHF.
    As I get closer to goal weight, I'm hoping it will get better.
    Percentages being what they are & all :laugh:
  • kamaperry
    Options
    That's fantastic :drinker:

I'm in the same boat, it's 20 g of carb or less per day for me & I'm doing LCHF.
    As I get closer to goal weight, I'm hoping it will get better.
    Percentages being what they are & all :laugh:
    I beleive it will!
  • GlucernaBrand
    Options
    It's great to hear how each of you is figuring out the best eating plan for you and reaching your health goals. ~Lynn /Glucerna
  • kamaperry
    Options
    It's great to hear how each of you is figuring out the best eating plan for you and reaching your health goals. ~Lynn /Glucerna
    Thank you!
  • Dakota106
    Dakota106 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Congrats to both of you!! I totally agree we need to find what works for us as individuals! My nutritionist hasn't had a starchy carb (bread,pasta etc.) for 4 years! I also need to stay away from them as my FBS shoots right up! So the protein,veg and 2 fruits a day work well for me also! Keep up the great work! Diane
  • kamaperry
    Options
    Thanks!! Yes, staying away from that stuff isthe only thing that works for me :)
  • bdubya55
    bdubya55 Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    LCHF= Low carb High Fat, is saving my life. I try and stick to around 22-30 carbs a day. Did I have to give up anything yes, but it's worth it. I can have cheese, full fat butter, meats and veggies. I get in a wee bit of berries as a treat. My numbers have been better than ever, although I messed up abit yesterday. My dietician had me doing the old 45, 15, 45 carb bit and it was not working! My goal is to get off my meds completely and control thru diet.

It's great you've found a plan that's working for you kamaperry. That's what it's all about. Each of us unique in our approach when managing this condition. I'm very happy for you and wish you continued success!
  • kamaperry
    Options

It's great you've found a plan that's working for you kamaperry. That's what it's all about. Each of us unique in our approach when managing this condition. I'm very happy for you and wish you continued success!
    Thank you!! I feel so much more positive about diabetes than I did at first. Like a blessing in disguise, forcing me to be healthier!