Belt Time

Options
jlclabo
jlclabo Posts: 588 Member
looks like i am going to finally break down and order my PL belt. gonna get it from BestBelts.net
anyone have any experience with them? im looking at the "Athlete" 4" belt. Made in the USA!! any recommendations on single or double prong? need some input quick. gonna order today. thanks.

Replies

• KCoolBeanz
    KCoolBeanz Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    Single prong for sure - double prong is just an extra hole to mess with (that's what she said!). In all seriousness, I'm a convert from the double - MUCH easier and less fanangling. :-)
  • jlclabo
    Options
    Single prong for sure - double prong is just an extra hole to mess with (that's what she said!). In all seriousness, I'm a convert from the double - MUCH easier and less fanangling. :-)

thanks for the quick reply. thats what i was thinking. some times that extra hole is worth the hassle though..... lmao!!!!
  • KCoolBeanz
    KCoolBeanz Posts: 813 Member
    Options

thanks for the quick reply. thats what i was thinking. some times that extra hole is worth the hassle though..... lmao!!!!

BAAHAHAHA.

When you get your belt, make sure you work it in really good (that's what she said)- it took me a couple hours of bending and breaking and wearing around the house to get it pliable enough to actually use.

I'm curious about the lever belts, I've never tried them. Have you heard anything?
  • jlclabo
    Options

BAAHAHAHA.

When you get your belt, make sure you work it in really good (that's what she said)- it took me a couple hours of bending and breaking and wearing around the house to get it pliable enough to actually use.

I'm curious about the lever belts, I've never tried them. Have you heard anything?

i know several with lever belts and they like them, but i like the simplistic prong belt. Chelsea of Chelsealifts on youtube has had several lever belts break with her so she switched to a single prong. the bestbelts.net are supposed to be good to go and ready for use right out of the box, or so they say on their website. but you know how that goes. claims of being very tight fitting, but only if you are rockin a mack truck, lol....
  • tomcornhole
    tomcornhole Posts: 1,084 Member
    Options
    I have the BestBelts Athlete single prong in black. Great belt. Built really well, made in USA, already broken in and ready to use. I have it on now (resting between sets).

Tom
  • jlclabo
    Options
    I have the BestBelts Athlete single prong in black. Great belt. Built really well, made in USA, already broken in and ready to use. I have it on now (resting between sets).

Tom

thats the belt im about to order. just making sure of my sizing.... now where is that dang tape measure, lol
  • jlclabo
    Options
    well belt is ordered!!! best belts Athlete 4", single prong, black.... now i wait...... is it here yet, lol
  • MrGonzo05
    MrGonzo05 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    well belt is ordered!!! best belts Athlete 4", single prong, black.... now i wait...... is it here yet, lol

I have exactly this belt. Very happy with it. Enjoy!
  • jlclabo
    Options

I have exactly this belt. Very happy with it. Enjoy!

Nice!!! you guys are making this decision that much better. ive never used a belt and figured with the weights im getting up to, its probably a good thing to assure i keep good abdominal pressure.
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,835 Member
    Options
    Sheik lever belt for me. Farkin' love it.

Had a cheap double prong before and eventually the holes blew out. Doubt that would happen with a good brand one though.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    A bit late but some probably useless info - the peeps that run USAPL California highly recommend Best Belts. I have an Inzer lever myself (which I love) but may try them when I am looking for a belt next time.
  • jlclabo
    Options
    A bit late but some probably useless info - the peeps that run USAPL California highly recommend Best Belts. I have an Inzer lever myself (which I love) but may try them when I am looking for a belt next time.

mine should be here by the 23rd so that will give me a little over a week to get the feel for it. ive heard nothing but great reviews on the Best Belts, and for 85.00 shipped to my door.... ill take it!!!
  • juliewatkin
    juliewatkin Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    I have an Inzer lever, an inzer double prong and a custom single prong from Bob's belts. My favourite is the single prong. The lever is nice but I use different tightness for squat and deadlift and have to adjust it so the prong belt is more flexible for my use.

Like another poster mentioned, your belt will likely be stiff as hell when you get it and will need work to soften it up.

Let us know when you get it and what you think. Play around with how tight or loose you want it. Some people like to have it super tight, others not so much. There's no right or wrong way.
  • jlclabo
    Options
    I have an Inzer lever, an inzer double prong and a custom single prong from Bob's belts. My favourite is the single prong. The lever is nice but I use different tightness for squat and deadlift and have to adjust it so the prong belt is more flexible for my use.

Like another poster mentioned, your belt will likely be stiff as hell when you get it and will need work to soften it up.

Let us know when you get it and what you think. Play around with how tight or loose you want it. Some people like to have it super tight, others not so much. There's no right or wrong way.

from what i have read and heard the best belts are already very flexible and broke in feeling out of the box. i am gonna play with belt tightness and placement for squat and deadlift both to see what feel best and works best. i know a couple people that run their belt up high on deads and like it better. we will see. thanks to everyone for all the input.
  • gweneddk
    gweneddk Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I have an EliteFTS econo belt and love it, but my next belt will probably be from best belts just b/c I like the color options!

I wear my belt tight and low for squats and loosen it a notch and wear it a little higher for DL, but I want to play around a little more with that.
  • jlclabo
    Options
    well my belt came in today and i will be trying it out with some squat work, just not heavy since im only 8 days out from my meet and dont want to throw off my program... im adding a pic if the dang photobucket cooperates with me....

10509585_428012990669717_8706070994507663726_n.jpg
  • Fittreelol
    Fittreelol Posts: 2,535 Member
    Options
    oooh it's so pretty! I almost got my belt from there, but decided to go with a white inzer lever. I still go to bestbelts.com on occasion just to gaze at them. I might get my next belt from there.
  • jlclabo
    Options
    oooh it's so pretty! I almost got my belt from there, but decided to go with a white inzer lever. I still go to bestbelts.com on occasion just to gaze at them. I might get my next belt from there.

i was pleasantly surprised when i got it. i read they were nice for the money, but you know how that can be at times. well this is well worth the money and then some.... the 85.00 shipped to my door was worth 150.00 or more in quality. i know ill shop there for my next one also....
  • juliewatkin
    juliewatkin Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    Let us know how you like it. Is it a 10 or a 13?
  • jlclabo
    Options
    Let us know how you like it. Is it a 10 or a 13?

when i ordered it it said it would range from 10-13mm, just depends on the stock they have. so im good with that. i have checked it with somethings i have that are 10mm thick and its just a bit thicker so id say 11mm or so. as for liking it, i love it. did some light, or what started out as light, squats last night with it and wow... i have never used a belt and didnt realize they made that much of a difference. much more stable feeling in my core, and ive never had core stability issues as far up as 475 on squats, but this felt different. i was able to get deeper in my squat and come out of the hole stronger. i worked up to 405 for a single and it was so easy. honestly felt like 225-315. im going to be doing my final "heavy" workout tomorrow for my meet in a week. ill be working up to my openers and if they feel as good as it did last night, i may be changing my openers and go a little heavier....