How Did Everyone's July 4th Turn Out?

memelizzy
memelizzy Posts: 101 Member
Holidays are usually a challenge for me on diets. Another reason to be thankful for low carb diet. I made it through without a cheat! I will finish week 3 of Induction Sunday evening, July 6. Not sure yet how long I will stay in induction, but if it continues to be this smooth, I will probably go on.

Replies

• FIT_Goat
    FIT_Goat Posts: 4,224 Member
    I had a good day. I made some low-carb peanut butter brownies. I thought they turned out ok. Everyone else thought they were gross. I ate a bunch of hotdogs (1g carbs each). I had chicken breast and pork rinds. I only went a couple hundred calories over my normal goal (and wasbelow my upper limit).

Overall, not a bad day.
  • ixchel78
    ixchel78 Posts: 57 Member
    It went great, I think of all the Holidays the 4th of July BBQ is one of the easier for us low carbers to manage. I had a delicious bunless burger and some ceasar salad. Managed to avoid the cupcakes!
  • TheSatinPumpkin
    TheSatinPumpkin Posts: 948 Member
    Was thinking of Bacon Explosion but decided on my fav. Good ole Chuck Roast w/ Eggs and lettuce...slurps.
  • VCanadapt
    VCanadapt Posts: 142 Member
    Mine actually turned out better than I thought it would (still a newbie at this LC stuff and treats are my Kriptonite)

I had cheese burgers (no buns) a few chips with some ranch dip (measured everything so I wouldn't go over) and avoided the cookies/desserts (Yippie!! this is a BIG NSV for me b/c I normally skip all the food and junk food out on holidays.)
  • ali59oc
    ali59oc Posts: 130 Member
    My 4th was great but my 5th was a nightmare! I got hungry. I NEVER get hungry. I ate and ate and ate. But all of it was low carb!!! I ended up at 34 net carbs for the day but I packed on the calories. And the fat and protein. I guess that isn't so bad?
  • memelizzy
    memelizzy Posts: 101 Member
    So glad to hear everyone was victorious! frob23, are you still in Induction? ali59oc, I get those days when I feel really hungry, not very often, but I wonder what causes it all of the sudden? satinpumpkin, wow I'm impressed with your weight loss! What phase are you in? Just curious wanting to know what to look forward to! ixchel78, I have to agree about the 4th being one of the easier holidays for us LC people. I haven't been through any other holidays yet, but I'm already planning how to handle Thanksgiving and Christmas! VCanadapt, congratulations on your success on the 4th! It is a great feeling to have control and be able to decide to have or not to have!!