Recipes

Options
ChristinKeirn
ChristinKeirn Posts: 26 Member
My husband found this recipe yesterday for cream cheese and egg pancakes and made them for breakfast this morning; they were delicious. I could not believe how pancake like they were. We skipped the sweetener and syrup. I may put a little peanut butter on mine next time.

http://www.ibreatheimhungry.com/2012/01/cream-cheese-pancakes.html

Replies

• ChristinKeirn
    ChristinKeirn Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Buffalo Chicken Dip

1 large can of chicken
    2 packages of cream cheese
    1/2 C hot sauce
    cheddar cheese

melt it all together and serve warm or cold

A co-worker of mine always brings this with crackers to carry-ins, but we had it with a veggie tray for the 4th, and it was great.
  • MissLakeTime
    MissLakeTime Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Pinterest.com has a lot of low carb/keto recipes for anyone looking.
  • convertible_gal
    Options
    Thanks for the recipes. I just had the pancakes. I was pleasantly surprised. Next time I will add some blueberries.

Here's a recipe I adapted for when I'm wanting something sweet:

Keto Frosted "Brownies"

(adapted from the website Healthy Indulgences, "Healthier Chocolate Cake with a Secret")

Makes 18 small brownies with chocolate frosting (the frosting helps increase the fat content)

Per brownie with optional ingredients used:
    Calories 173, 76% fat (13 g); 10% Carbs (4 g), Fiber 2 g, Net Carbs 2 g, 13% Protein (5 g) - I use the DietPower Program to compute my nutritional value.

1/4 cup coconut oil
    1/4 cup butter
    1/2 cup xylitol (put in coffee or spice grinder till the consistency of powdered sugar)
    one can of Eden black soybeans (only 3.5 net carbs per can)
    5 large eggs
    1 Tbsp. vanilla extract (flavored sugar free syrups, like Torani, can be added in addition to or in place of the vanilla). I sometimes like to add peppermint flavor to the cake and break up sugar free peppermints to add to the top of the chocolate frosting.
    1/2 tsp. sea salt
    6 Tbsp. almond flour (optional)
    2 Tbsp. coconut flour (optional)
    1 tsp. baking powder
    6 Tbsp. Hershey's Special Dark Chocolate Cocoa
    1 whole Simply Lite Dark Chocolate bar (from Trader Joes) (4 net carbs)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
    Grease a square 9" pan with butter. Cut a piece of parchment paper to line the bottom of the pan, then grease with butter. (I found one of those "Perfect Brownie Pans" at the thrift store and use it. It's great. It makes 18 perfect servings. I grease the whole thing well and don't need parchment paper). Set aside.
    Don't unwrap the chocolate bar. Place it in a ziploc bag and seal. Using a meat mallet, break bar into small irregular chunks. (This is in place of buying sugar free chocolate chips). Set aside.
    Empty soybeans into a colander. Rinse with cold water and shake off excess water.
    Put the beans, 3 eggs, the vanilla and salt into a food processor. Blend until the beans are completely smooth.
    In a separate bowl, use a mixer to cream the coconut oil, butter and xylitol until light and fluffy.
    Mix in the two remaining eggs, beating after each addition.
    Add the bean mixture (and the flours, if using) to the bowl and beat. (I originally made the recipe without the flours and later added them to up the fat content. It tastes fine with or without).
    Stir in the cocoa and beat on high for one minute until smooth.
    Pour (or spoon) into pan of choice.
    Evenly divide the chocolate pieces among the 18 brownies or pan of brownies. I push the pieces into the batter with my finger. The pieces can still be visible, in other words, you don't have to push them all the way into the batter.
    Place in oven.
    Baking times vary. With the brownie pan, I start checking on it at about 25 minutes to see in the tops are set. Most likely they will need more time, but do not overcook. Cupcakes may take around 35 minutes while a cake pan may take 40-45 minutes.
    Let brownies cool. For best flavor let it sit overnight. I like to let mine cool, frost them with Sugar Free Chocolate Frosting, and them let them sit on tray in the freezer till gone. Go easy on the brownies. I eat them straight from the freezer, a half a brownie, or no more than 2 brownies in one day because of the sugar alcohols.

Sugar Free Chocolate Frosting
    (I cut her recipe in half - I found I didn't need as much for brownies).

1 oz. cream cheese (optional)
    4 Tbsp. butter
    1 Tbsp. heavy cream (I buy the 0 carb heavy cream)).
    3 Tbsp. xylitol (use a coffee or spice grinder to get the consistency of powdered sugar)
    pinch of sea salt
    stevia to taste

Cream the butter in a bowl until fluffy.
    Stir the powdered xylitol into the butter then beat until smooth. Slowly blend in the cocoa, sea salt and vanilla or other flavoring. Beat in the heavy cream. Add stevia a little bit at a time until you reach the desired taste. Frost.
  • convertible_gal
    Options
    I am not new to low carb, but am new to high fat / moderate protein / low carb. I have had great success the last couple of days keeping my fat % in the 80s. I don't just eat desserts. Here are other things I have been eating to keep my fats high:
    An ounce or 2 of good quality zero carb aged cheese from Sam's Club
    A 1 to 1 1/2 oz. chunk of a very fatty salame stick from Cost Plus World Market
    Tonight I experimented with shirataki noodles with a jarred pumpkin pasta sauce, garlic clove, butter, mct oil, pine nuts and parmesan cheese.
    A spinach,bacon and sausage crustless quiche
    I experimented with making sloppy joes (using ground beef, chorizo, green peppers, onion, onion powder, cumin, smoked paprika, chili powder, reduced sugar ketchup, low carb pasta sauce or tomato puree, Walden Farms Zero Carb BBQ sauce, oregano, black pepper, vinegar, 1 avocado, butter, stevia and xylitol). I need to taste it again now that it has aged in the frig a day or two.
    I experimented with making meatloaf with about 75% fat. It is tricky to keep the protein down. I added a lot of fat (beef, sausage, bacon along with the grease, eggs, mayo, butter, a little unflavored gelatin, parmesan cheese and almond flour to help thicken, (ground pork rinds were something I may try next time), brown mustard, reduced sugar ketchup, garlic, onion, green pepper, oregano and poultry seasoning. It does not get thick like regular meatloaf. I poured it into 4 mini loaf pans and allowed 8 servings. After it cools, it doesn't fall apart as much. It is definitely moist.
    There's a black soybean hummus that I want to try.

Hope more women will share and help us expand our menus. I purchased a few ketogenic books / cookbooks for kindle, They are helpful but some are not applicable for people interested in keeping there fats extremely high and carbs super low. One recipe included a banana or honey and many didn't give you the nutritional breakdown or fat %. Thus our recipe thread . . .

I adapted this, I think from a fat fast book or website - I couldn't find my source.

Keto Berry Cream Cheese Dessert

Makes 5 Servings
    Per serving: Calories 451, 88% fat 43.4 g, Carbs 5.4 g, Fiber 1.5 g, Net Carbs 3.9 g, Protein 7.1 g. Calculations done by DietPower.

1 1/2 cups water
    1 Tbsp. (or one packet) Knox unflavored gelatin

1/4 cup xylitol
    12 oz. Cream cheese, softened
    1/4 cup coconut oil
    1/4 cup MCT oil (coconut oil can be used in its place)
    2 tsp. vanilla
    1 Crystal light On-the-Go Packet or 1 tsp. any flavor regular Crystal light
    1/2 tsp. concentrated stevia (optional)

1 cup blackberries (or low carb berry of your choice)

Boil water in a saucepan. Sprinkle gelatin on top while quickly whisking it in till clear. Whisk in the xylitol until dissolved. Let cool some.
    Put cream cheese, coconut oil, and the rest of the ingredients (except for the berries) into a food processor and blend till smooth. Add the gelatin mixture to the food processor and again blend till smooth.

Get 5 custard cups or 5 small plastic (1 cup) containers with lids. Arrange the berries evenly in the bottom of the containers (cut each berry in half if you wish). Pour the cream cheese mixture into the containers, evenly dividing it. Chill in the refrigerator.
  • convertible_gal
    Options
    Since we're here talking about recipes . . . This morning quite by accident I bumped into info about the ebook Keto Academy by Craig Clarke. Has anyone heard of it or purchased it? If you google" ruled.me Keto Academy" it will come up. I am excited to see the Keto Comfort Foods Recipes. I am on the way to the gym now, so when I have a chance to check it out and try some of the recipes, I will let you know if it's a good buy. You can purchase the 2 cookbooks separately from the guidebook and save yourself a lot of money.