Side Quest: Big Trouble In Tiner's Town

Options
daybehavior
daybehavior Posts: 1,319 Member
Big Trouble in Tiner's Town.
DIFFICULTY: Very Easy -- Normal
TARGET: Help PO1 Tiner defend his hometown.
COMBAT MODE: Evolved

This is the final tutorial side quest designed to familiarize you with the dialogue branching system. Dialogue choices may affect quest progression.

Overseer Note: Notate what equipment you are bringing as well as your SPECIAL stats. Both should be in your armory.

Petty Officer First Class Jason Tiner
< Overseer's Yeoman >

"Hey there. Aww geez sorrey to disturb ya but I was wonderin' if you can help me oat. I know you're new here, but I been watchin ya and I can tell you're pretty strong! Anyway, I just got word that my hometown of New Menomonee Falls has been under attack by Giant Radscorpions lately and it would mean a lot to me if you could lend them a hand....gosh I know its a lot to ask but those folk are very dear to me"

Select a dialogue option
[1] What's in it for me?
[2] Happy to do it, Tiner.
[3] [Confirmed Bachelor]: Relax man, you're too tense. You wouldn't wanna wrinkle that handsome face of yours.
[4] [Black Widow]: Oh Tiner, must you be strictly business all the time.

Replies

• bomftdrum
    bomftdrum Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I will choose [2] Happy to do it, Tiner.
    My SPECIAL is S7 P6 E6 C6 I4 A6 L5
    All of my weapons of course.
    My armor is Uncommon+ [Pre-War Fedora]: +1 DT, +1 LCK, [Boomer's Jumpsuit]: +2 DT, +1 INT
    My accessories [Terrifying Tusk]: +1 DT.
    All of my aids as well.
  • nicca_jb
    nicca_jb Posts: 1,278 Member
    Options
    S3 P8 E5 C6 I6 A7 L5

Weapons:
    Rare: [Public Nuisance]: +3 DMG. Ignores DT. Chance to poison enemy
    Uncommon+ : [Pew-Pew!]: +2 DMG, Chance to hit target twice

Armor:
    Uncommon+ : [Boomer's Jumpsuit]: +2 DT, +1 INT

Accessory:
    [Terrifying Tusk]: +1 DT

Active Perks:
    Swift Learner, Overseer's Blessing, Resilience

I've chosen [4] [Black Widow]: Oh Tiner, must you be strictly business all the time.
  • ThePinkPanda
    ThePinkPanda Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    i choose option 1: what's in it for me?

S6 P6 E5 C8 I7 A4 L4

weapon:
    Rare: [Public Nuisance]: +3 DMG. Ignores DT. Chance to poison enemy
    Uncommon: [Laser Pistol]: +3 DMG

Aid:
    (1) [Sugar Bombs] +5 Action Points (used for exploring dungeons)
    (1) [Nuka-Cola] +15 HP
  • ReinasWrath
    ReinasWrath Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    Option 1 : What's in it for me?

S7 P5 E6 C6 I6 A6 L4

Weapon~
    Uncommon+ : [Pew-Pew!]: +2 DMG, Chance to hit target twice. [Rusty Steel Pipe]

Aid~

[Nuka-Cola] +15 HP
  • daybehavior
    Options
    @BRIAN
    80px-FO3PositiveKarmaPoints.png
    You've gained Karma (+25)

< Petty Officer First Class Jason Tiner, Overseer's Yeoman >
    "*Tiner smiles* Great! I knew I can count on ya. You seem pretty capable but if ya think ya might need some extra help, go see a scientist fella by the name of Ignacio Rivas in the Lab, he might be able whip up something to make yer life easier out there. Oh, and when you get to New Menomonee I'd shore appreciate it if you check in on my sister for me."

[1] < Speak with Ignacio >
    [2] < Head to New Menomonee Falls >
  • daybehavior
    Options
    @ASHLEY and REINA
    Petty Officer First Class Jason Tiner
    < Overseer's Yeoman >

"*Tiner frowns a bit* Gee...I guess I misjudged yer character. I suppose I can slip ya a few extra coins when payroll comes around" (You receive 1 gold piece)

Quest Objectives
    -Travel to New Menomonee Falls and help the townspeople.
    -To reach New Menomonee Falls you must travel through the following landmarks*:

[Hero's Enclave] -- [Racine Naval Outpost] -- [Jefferson High School] -- [Milwaukee Safe Zone] -- [Miller's Pond] -- [New Menomonee Falls]

*Each leg of the trip requires the following
    Leg 1 - 1 mile run/walk
    Leg 2 - 15 curl ups
    Leg 3 - 15 squats
    Leg 4 - 15 lunges
    Leg 5 - 3 minutes of virtual jumprope.

Additionally, you may choose to stop and explore any of the map locations between the Hero's Enclave and New Menomonee, where you may find items or encounter enemies.
  • daybehavior
    Options
    LAYLA

Hey, just making sure first but are you swapping out Swift Learner for Black Widow?
  • bomftdrum
    Options
    I am going to head in this location.[1] < Speak with Ignacio > and after I get done talking and meeting Ignacio, I will then go to
    [2] < Head to New Menomonee Falls >
  • JunonSailorStyle
    JunonSailorStyle Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    [3] [Confirmed Bachelor]: Relax man, you're too tense. You wouldn't wanna wrinkle that handsome face of yours.

Wanna get Womanizer next...to keep em guessin ;-)
  • daybehavior
    Options
    Apparently Peter, you subtracted too many points from your Intelligence stat. Go back and reread the OP, Eddie Haskell >:(

BRIAN

Ignacio Rivas
    < Enclave Scientist >

"So...running errands for the Overseer's errand boy are we? As much as I dislike that backwater buffoon , the humanitarian in me insists I render aid. Fine....(he begins scribbling on a pad) gather these items, and I should be able to put together something for you. *He hands you a list* They shouldn't be too hard to find around here"

[1] Go find the parts [Pulse Wave Amplifier], [Fission Battery] and [Remote Detonator]
    (hint) the parts will scattered around random pages of this forum excluding quest pages. Notate which items you found and what page they were located on.

[2] [Strength 7 -- Intimidation]: I have a better idea Poindexter. You go find the parts while I go finish boxing some Deathclaws.
  • bomftdrum
    Options
    1] Go find the parts [Pulse Wave Amplifier], [Fission Battery] and [Remote Detonator]
    Pulse Wave Amplifier was in Enclave Exchange, page one.
    Fission Battery was in The Hero's Enclave, page one
    Remote Detonator was in Leaderboard Week 1, page one
  • nicca_jb
    nicca_jb Posts: 1,278 Member
    Options
    LAYLA

Hey, just making sure first but are you swapping out Swift Learner for Black Widow?

Thanks for clarifying! Yes, I am.
  • ReinasWrath
    ReinasWrath Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    Otay I travel to New Menomonee Falls and stop to explore all locations along the way.
  • daybehavior
    Options
    BRIAN

You receive [Sonic Emitter]

You know what to do big lad:
    Quest Objectives
    -Travel to New Menomonee Falls and help the townspeople.
    -To reach New Menomonee Falls you must travel through the following landmarks*:

[Hero's Enclave] -- [Racine Naval Outpost] -- [Jefferson High School] -- [Milwaukee Safe Zone] -- [Miller's Pond] -- [New Menomonee Falls]

Leg 1 - 1 mile run/walk
    Leg 2 - 15 curl ups
    Leg 3 - 15 squats
    Leg 4 - 15 lunges
  • daybehavior
    Options
    @ LAYLA

< PO1 Jason Tiner >
    "Aw schucks. *Tiner blushes slightly* Sorrey. I guess I have been a bit tense. Things have a bit crazy round here, ya kno? Maybe I do need to take some time and relax a bit..."

[1] Well, I'm not particularly busy right now if you have anything in mind... < Go on a date with Tiner >
    [2] Yeah we should totally hang out some time...after I take care of your problem of course. You should give me your Pip-Boy frequency so we can keep in touch.
  • daybehavior
    Options
    REINA

Alrighty girlfriend Let's roll RNG:

[Racine Naval Outpost] -- Nothing transpires...

[Jefferson High School] -- You find Uncommon accessory [Jefferson High School Cardigan]: +1 DT, +1 CHR, +1 INT.

[Milwaukee Safe Zone] -- Lucky! You find Rare+ handgun [Mercy]: +4 DMG. A .45 Auto Pistol with "No Mercy" etched on the grip but the word "No" is caked over with dried blood. Chance to hit the target 3 times. Chances of being critically struck are reduced.

[Miller's Pond] -- You encounter a Swamp Ghoul :O 2 minutes running in place + 20 calf raises required.

Summary:
    [Jefferson High School Cardigan]: +1 DT, +1 CHR, +1 INT
    [Mercy]: +4 DMG. A .45 Auto Pistol with "No Mercy" etched on the grip but the word "No" is caked over with dried blood. Chance to hit the target 3 times. Chances of being critically struck are reduced.

After you are done:

Harmon Brackett
    < Mayor Of New Menomonee Falls >

"I knew Jason would come through for us. He was always a good kid. Thoughtful and caring. It's too bad them Enclave boys lured him way like they did to most of this town. I guess you're not all that bad seein as you came all this way to help us out."

Quest Objectives
    -Mayor Brackett wants you to patrol the town and help stave the Radscorpion infestation.
    -Kill the scorpions by completing this total body workout:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_0CAcnhL5Sw
    -Return to Mayor Brackett when you're done.
  • daybehavior
    Options
    Just a general reminder to everyone: Do NOT read posts that are not directed towards you unless you want to spoil your quest experience :)
  • JunonSailorStyle
    JunonSailorStyle Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    The Overseer is racist! I demand to speak to your supervisor >:-|

S-4
    P-7
    E-4
    C-6
    I-7
    A-7
    L-5

Taking my Rusty Pipe and Enclave Private Uniform :
  • bomftdrum
    Options
    [Hero's Enclave] -- [Racine Naval Outpost] -- [Jefferson High School] -- [Milwaukee Safe Zone] -- [Miller's Pond] -- [New Menomonee Falls] . All of the exercises were completed. I went through all the legs, stopping to explore each one.
  • ThePinkPanda
    ThePinkPanda Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    @ASHLEY

Leg 1 - 1 mile run/walk
    Leg 2 - 15 curl ups
    Leg 3 - 15 squats
    Leg 4 - 15 lunges

Additionally, you may choose to stop and explore any of the map locations between the Hero's Enclave and New Menomonee, where you may find items or encounter enemies.

alright, i've done the exercises (whew) and i stopped to explore each of the areas.