Hola!

Options
LadyArchangel
LadyArchangel Posts: 124 Member
My name is Izzy (okay, just my nickname but you'll never know my real name lol) and I am 23 years of age. I started this journey in July of 2013 at 363lbs and today I stand at 297lbs. I still have a long way to go, but I have come far. I was diagnosed with Type 2 Diabetes at age 19 (2010) but did nothing about it until one random day last year I just decided I was done. I was done not caring about my health.

Now my health has improved so much, my A1c level has been in the normal range for as long as I've tried losing the weight, and my eating habits have also improved. My average resting HR went from 98 to 85, my average BP went from 140/90 to a regular old 120/80. It's pretty amazing what a few changes can do for you! I'm always looking for more people who started out as I did, to support and to receive support from.

Hope to find more supportive buds on here :)

Replies

• vcdfw
    vcdfw Posts: 49
    Options
    Hi Izzy!

Nice to meet you I'm Virginia. I'm just at the start of my journey, looking to surround myself with people on a similar journey or those who have succeeded where I want to be. Congratulations on breaking the 300 barrier, I bet that felt really, really good. Hope you have a great evening and we can help motivate each other down the road to success.

:)
  • LadyArchangel
    LadyArchangel Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I'm always looking for more friends that started around where I did. I didn't know it would be pretty tough to find someone.
  • LexieSweetheart
    LexieSweetheart Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    hey Izzy that is awesome!!!
  • Elaicea73
    Elaicea73 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hi :) That's neat... Your starting weight is one pound more than my heaviest weight ever at 362lbs... You have done so well! I'm like Virginia, just starting out... for the second time :ohwell: Keep it up! I wish I had done something about my weight when I was your age instead of waiting until 40 :sad: You're an inspiration :bigsmile: What was the biggest change you made?