one week

Options
I am on a one week streak of no bingeing. Which is great, emotionally, but surprisingly I haven't lost ANY weight. I've actually gained 2 pounds. I eat a very healthy diet (lots of veggies, lean protein, whole grains) throughout the day and monitor my calories. I've started exercising more regularly again. I guess I was convinced that the reason for my weight gain (almost 20 lbs!) was the binge eating.

Ugh. Weight gain just makes me want to punch things and eat a pizza. I can't stop thinking about food to be honest, not even about binging or junk food necessarily, but always thinking about what I ate and what I'm going to eat next and how "well" I'm doing.

Is one week too short of a time to expect results?

Replies

• Pudding1980
    Pudding1980 Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    Congrats on one week binge free! Amazing!

It will likely take a bit longer for your body to catch up. You probably feel or notice some other benefits though: feel less bloated? More energy? You've not had that horrible food hangover? All great things!
  • lgodwin413
    lgodwin413 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on one week binge free! Don't let the scale determine how you feel. Weight loss will follow. Quite an accomplishment!
  • crepes_
    crepes_ Posts: 583 Member
    Options
    The weight gain you're experiencing now is probably only your muscles retaining water due to your increased workouts. That's a good thing! It means that your muscles are healing and getting stronger. Ignore the scale for a bit, I'd suggest. If your feelings about those numbers, which can be crazy volatile and change for you even thinking about them hahaha... well, maybe you shouldn't be investing so much in their readout. You're a stronger person than that. We're all stronger than the scale. Put it aside for now and focus more on how you feel.