Got my numbers and Ready, Set, Go!

Options
jchrisman717
jchrisman717 Posts: 780 Member
Got my numbers for IIFYM and am ready to really put the effort into doing this and getting this extra weight off. I, again, do not know why this has been so hard for me this time around. I at first was very nervous about the amount of calories, and did what most people do and think - how can I lose on 1680 when I couldn't lose on 1200! Then I decided that I will start tweaking my diet after I get back from my birthday vacation next week but in the meantime will practice logging accurately, including weighing everything, but eat as I normally do with just trying to make better choices.

Now in only 1 day I see that there is no way I was ever eating at 1200 and most likely consuming closer to 2000 a day when I take into consideration EVERYTHING I am consuming. So, yea, if I am logging accurately, I should lose at 1680 a day!

I can see where my problems will lie -- consistent working out doing weights. I can walk/jog anytime, it takes an effort for me to get to the gym to do weights. Though the New Rules program gets you in and out. I may check out strong lifts 5x5 also; Alcohol, yea this is going to be a big one, we ride and stop and have a drink, we go out and have a drink and I like wine.

Taking one day at a time. I tend to overthink everything - making it harder than it should be. So staying positive and embracing the good things in my life!

Replies

• mdizzle99
    mdizzle99 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Good luck and be as consistent as you can. Truly understanding how many calories you are consuming is really important - that's great you got it figured out.

I like your attitude of staying positive. The great thing of IIFYM is it can generally help combat over thinking.
  • jchrisman717
    Options
    Thanks for the encouragement and support! I did pretty good the first day:

Totals 1,590 135 72 115 2,107 22
    Your Daily Goal 1,680 140 64 136 2,500 20
    Remaining 90 5 -8 21 393 -2
    Calories Carbs Fat Protein Sodium Fiber

I wish my husband was as supportive - he was pissed that I didn't want to go out to eat BBQ and have a beer. I had fixed dinner at home and had it all planned out for my macro. No way could I have eaten BBQ and drank beer and not gone over. His response was - why did you eat so much during the day so you couldn't go out to eat with me! Well that has been the problem - I have been basically eating less during the day and eating crap at night and it's not helping me lose weight.

So I stuck to my guns and he went by himself. Well I gotta do for me what I gotta do. Today is a new day and I have two events at work I have to work around so going to plan my meals and stick to it!
  • jchrisman717
    Options
    So day two - not too bad - especially considering I had a work lunch and an after work drinks. I even had a birthday party with treats that I did not have any of in order to stick to my macros. I didn't hit them exactly - but feel pretty good about it. I'm not lifting yet - so I think going under for this day is fine - better than going over!

Calories: Goal 1680 - hit 1414 remaining 266
    Carbs: Goal 140 - hit 129 remaining 11
    Fat: Goal 64 - hit 64 remaining 1
    Protein: Goal 136 - hit 94 remaining 46

I wish I would have upped the protein. I had slated another protein shake but never drank it - that would have left me with less than 25 grams remaining. But its a new day today!
  • jchrisman717
    Options
    Totals: Calories 1,642; Carbs 156; Fat 60; Protein 102
    Daily Goal: Calories 1,680; Carbs 140; Fat 64; Protein 136
    Remaining: Calories 38 Carbs -16;Fat 4 ; Protein 34

Third day - I thought I did pretty good. I did have two glasses of wine which I used one as a fat and one as a carb. Still went over carbs a bit and was under protein. I can't believe how much better I feel. I don't feel as bloated and even though I am eating over 1600 calories I feel hungry when I should be and not overly full. I guess hitting those macros does make a difference.

I'm not starting on my workout schedule until July 21 as I will be leaving next week and going out for my birthday weekend. I will not track those days as you only turn 50 once! But until then I am getting a really good idea of how to plan and eat to hit my goals.
  • jchrisman717
    Options
    Ok so I took a week off for my birthday. Getting started back again. This week is prep week - getting back to measuring, logging and getting my workouts scheduled.

Yesterday a bust basically - being tired and grumpy doesn't do well for good eating or workouts!

Goals for this week:

Today: Water, water and more water. Logging - trying to hit the macros as best I can and see where I need to change things. Lunch time workout - Insanity (too hot to go outside!). PM workout - hit the gym for a circuit and scope out the equipment to start simply shredded next week.