Boneless Pork Loin Chop recipes?

Options
MistressPi
MistressPi Posts: 514 Member
I fried up some boneless pork loin chops for breakfast today. No breading. While they were quick to prepare, they didn't get brown by the time they were fully cooked, and they were less than tender. (I did overcook them by a minute - damn they cook fast!)

Do you have any suggestions for a better method of preparation?

Replies

• Ballistyx
    Ballistyx Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    You can try using a little bit of extra virgin olive oil and sear the pork on each side. Also, I find that a non-coated pan (a non non-stick pan) will brown meat easier, but the downside is that you can burn food easier too.
  • ixchel78
    ixchel78 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Make sure your pan and oil are very hot before putting the meat in the pan, that way you will get a nice sear and a quick cook.
  • deansdad101
    deansdad101 Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    Make sure your pan and oil are very hot before putting the meat in the pan, that way you will get a nice sear and a quick cook.
    Balli & OP;

I'd suggest you NOT use EEVO to fry (or saute), but rather plain old fashion BUTTER instead.

Olive Oil is GREAT when used cold (room temp) but....
    ...when heated NOT so great as the heating process changes the chemical composition from that of a "good" fat to one more closely resembling a TRANS fat.

I don't have the study reference documentation right at hand at the moment but I'm sure any "doubters" can locate it on the googlemachine. Where ever I saw it was from a source I trust and the "evidence" was strong enough for me to take it seriously.

I LOVE EEVO, have, for as long as I can remember, used it either in addition to butter or in place of it (believing I was doing the "healthy" thing - but from now on it's Hot=Butter....Cold=EEVO.
  • deansdad101
    deansdad101 Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    I fried up some boneless pork loin chops for breakfast today. No breading. While they were quick to prepare, they didn't get brown by the time they were fully cooked, and they were less than tender. (I did overcook them by a minute - damn they cook fast!)

Do you have any suggestions for a better method of preparation?
    MP;

By coincidence, my Bride arrived home yesterday with a giant "family pack" of chops - cheap (relatively) and look "ohhh, sooo, good" - can't wait to dig in. We'll freeze some and use some for bfast, dinner, and who knows what else.

A great site for recipe ideas is here:
    http://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipes.asp?food=pork+loin+chops&a=

The recipes are NOT specifically low carb so you have to sort through them and select ones that meet you macro needs but there is a great variety and the search engine works quite well.

The very "best" part is that the SP recipes can be imported directly into MFP recipes (including all ingredients, nutrition info, and directions).
    Once imported to MFP you can refine the recipe (add or remove ingredients, change serving sizes, etc) - all without having to "create" a new recipe from scratch.

The Spark website is a bit funky and the "recipe" part a different animal then the basic sparkpeople site (which is similar to MFP but not as good IMO) so if the link doesn't get you there post back and I'll try to help if I can