Vivofit sync failure...lost steps....WHAT??

Options
airangel59
airangel59 Posts: 1,887 Member
Posted this on Garmin's site...anyojavascript:add_smiley('grumble','post_body'):angry: ne else run into this...after my walk (>9000 steps) I went to sync to my cell. Sync FAIL twice. Then I noticed the >9000 steps did get to the smartphone. BUT....looked at the band and my steps went to 90 ...WHAT?? :noway:

Lost all my steps, goal reset , miles reset, calories burned show 935 now (its 3:15 pm) Dashboard shows 1203. My Flex shows 1,166

I have no clue what happened....am NOT a happy camper As wonky as Fitbit (Flex/Force) was, I NEVER lost my steps, sigh.:sad:

Replies

• claytonmccord
    claytonmccord Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    It looks like there was a software update pushed out today. I was kind of freaking out myself when my vivofit did the same thing today. Then I saw that the app on the phone actually got my steps and I suspect that any additional steps for today will also be added in the app and on the web site. This update should fix quite a few calorie calculation errors that have been noted on this and the Garmin forums if the people that have been posting from Garmin are to be believed. :) I'm looking forward to seeing if the accuracy is any better starting tomorrow.
  • airangel59
    airangel59 Posts: 1,887 Member
    Options
    Mine won't add any more steps (I did update after the sync fail) to today. Band showing 666 (hmmm, lol) steps right now and they are not being added to today's count at this point on subsequent syncs. Curious to see if my additional steps will show up for today, tomorrow.

Hopefully errors will be fixed (have never successfully gotten my food/calories from here correct....although I suspect that since I'm still using Fitbit, Garmin is not playing nicely trying to share as another member had suggested)
  • ann121212
    ann121212 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I just tried syncing and nothing happened. I checked into connect via a different approach and it said my ant was not connected (I never remove it, and it has been fine for the last few days). I simply pulled the ant out and replaced it and it synced perfectly.

I have not noticed any problems with my step count, but I will check calorie burn, reports and such to see if the update makes much difference.
  • d4rkkn16ht
    d4rkkn16ht Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I just tried syncing and nothing happened. I checked into connect via a different approach and it said my ant was not connected (I never remove it, and it has been fine for the last few days). I simply pulled the ant out and replaced it and it synced perfectly.

I have not noticed any problems with my step count, but I will check calorie burn, reports and such to see if the update makes much difference.
    If you are using ANT+ USB stick, that kind of glitch tell you these possibilities:
    1. You may have faulty(?) ANT+ USB stick
    2. Your USB port on your computer may be broken(?) or loose it's grip
    3. Your OS in your computer may cause the problem (virus, driver glitch/error, filesystem error,etc...)

The most common will be no.2, but just consult to Tech. expert near you if the problem occurs again
  • ann121212
    Options
    It has been fine since. Perhaps I had just knocked it loose sometime. Thanks for the imput.
  • bosjewels
    bosjewels Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am new to vivofit. It's only been a week and today I am having trouble with syncing my steps to my phone and computer. Can someone help me with this issues please?
  • ann121212
    Options
    I removed and replaced my ant and that helped my syncing. Occasionally Connect has a slack day and it is difficult for most people to sync (having said that mine has been perfect for about the last two months).
  • QuinceH
    Options
    I can't sync either. Not to my galaxy phone, nor to my laptop. I wish Garmin had an actually useful FAQ and help-desk. Grrr....
  • kenmc02
    kenmc02 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I cannot sync vivifit with my phone today. is anyone having the same problem? My unit is just 4 days old.
  • markwhall59
    markwhall59 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm also having the red Sync Failed - Server error at the bottom of the iPhone screen.
  • Jen0414
    Jen0414 Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    I am having the same problem with my iphone I think it may have to do with the time change?
  • ann121212
    Options
    Garmin did have a problem with syncing this morning - I was reading their forum and there were pages of people complaining about it
  • rebelturtle
    rebelturtle Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    My wife's is having this same problem. For last two days it gave error but worked fine then today it got the error, rest the steps on the vivofit to 90, then while I was watching it the 90 went to 70 then 60 and stopped. It was like the count down when you first connected it to your phone. She has only had the vivofit for about 4 weeks. She has it connected to her Galaxy S
    Any help or suggestions are appreciated.
    Thanks