Calorie burn?

Options
Anyone know how accurate the Fitness Blender calorie burn numbers are? I tend to estimate towards the lower end of the spectrum on here, but I really have no idea how much I'm burning. Anybody have data from an HRM or something? I know it's different for everyone, but at least it's a starting place.

Replies

• jasneet12
    jasneet12 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    when i first started doing the fitnessblender videos, i picked up the calories mentioned in the lower spectrum.

Subsequently I bought a Suunto M2, and find that I end up with a number closer to the middle; however it also varies depending on how intense the session is; if i have substituted regular burpees with slow burpees; or done as many jumping jacks and such
  • jasneet12
    jasneet12 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    to add: on weight training videos, you could end up with a number lower than what is mentioned in the video..but thats just an hrm thing.
  • katesch9
    katesch9 Posts: 130
    Options
    Okay, thanks! I appreciate the insight :)
  • cmfontaine31
    cmfontaine31 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Anyone know how accurate the Fitness Blender calorie burn numbers are? I tend to estimate towards the lower end of the spectrum on here, but I really have no idea how much I'm burning. Anybody have data from an HRM or something? I know it's different for everyone, but at least it's a starting place.

I am usually in the middle too. I have been looking into HRMs but have read so many bad reviews on so many different ones. So I am still searching... Anyway, Kelli weighs 130/135 (?-it's in one of their videos) so that's the lower calorie burn posted on their videos. I figure out the difference between what I weigh compared to her and add that percentage to each low end calorie burn on each video...