New

Options
jackibailey
jackibailey Posts: 206 Member
Hi. My name is jacki and I had my rny on may 21st. My starting weight was 362 in February. That's when my dr put me on two protein shakes and 4 oz meat and veggies for dinner. I lost 60 pounds in the three months before my surgery. I've lost 30 more since my surgery. I had a complication with my incision. The tissue died. Who'd a thought. So he opened me back up and put me on a wound vac. No fun. So I drink three shakes a day and have 1/2 cup of cottage cheese and a Greek yogurt just about everyday to get as much protein as possible so I'll heal. I've tried other things but that doesn't go so well yet although some days I have refried beans with cheese or an egg white omelet just to mix it up a bit. Anyway I was hoping to find friends here to share support. Hope to hear from some of you. Jacki

Replies

• JreedyJanelle
    JreedyJanelle Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    I hope your are doing well now. I had the sleeve in April and I am down 44 pounds. It is amazing to me that when I dieted before i would lose a few, gain a few then lose a few. Now I lose, and may maintain for a week but then the weight comes off again. I get my fluids in and protein in. Let the rest fall where they may. I am using Healthwise products for my protein needs and eat one healthy meal a day.

Good luck to you on your journey!
  • asia1967
    asia1967 Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Welcome Jacki:

Sorry to hear about your complications. Hopefully everything will go smooth from here on in. You will find everyone on this portion of the site very personable and knowledgeable. Good luck with your new life, you have many new things to look forward to. Just take things slow, be kind to yourself, and try not to compare yourself with anyone else. We are all individuals and our bodies are uniquely different. All the best. :smile:
  • Gingersfit
    Gingersfit Posts: 31
    Options
    Welcome! I'm 4 weeks out from RNY and haven't had any complications (except a little 3 day return to the hospital for pneumonia). I hope your complications resolve soon and you feel much better.

And WTG on the weight loss! You must have worked SO hard presurgery -- once you get past this speed bump I bet you'll be wildly successful in the future!