Ketogenic Diet to treat PCOS

Options
Melroxsox
Melroxsox Posts: 1,040 Member
This is just one post of many I will post on this subject. I MUST tell you all that this lifestyle change has been SO important to aid in the success of my battle.

Please understand that Keto is still being considered controversial. But Im telling you, my doctors are IMPRESSED and tell me to keep doing what works. This is WORKING.

Please look up this lifestyle change if you are interested in a diet regimen that helps PCOSers: lose weight consistently, Gives you more energy, helps regulate hormones/cycles!

Ignore people that tell you it's too high fat. Don't be scared of the high fat in this way of eating! It can be scary if you've never strayed from the traditional low fat low calorie diet that our government drills into our brains, but trust me, read up on this lifestyle and your mind will be blown!
This is an excellent resource to begin with:

www.ruled.me

Please let me know if you have any questions!
I promise you this will work if you stick with it!

Replies

• Melroxsox
    Options
    Just dropped another 2 lbs today. I am so impressed with this lifestyle change I've made! Im a true Keto Believer! Will be posting a general description, synopsis and example meal plan of this way of eating soon. I will also post my own personal workout regimen that I do at least 5 times a week to help enhance weightloss(because we all know that with PCOS we work twice as hard for normal/average results if any!) KETO ON ! Gotta go work now and make some mula:)
  • abbysmommy1
    abbysmommy1 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    For a long time, I was skeptical of low carb diets. I didn't think I could ever stick to a low carb lifestyle but after reading over the info Mel mentiomed in her post above, I decided it was time to give it a try. I started keto about a month ago, and have already noticed dramatic differences both with my PCOS symptoms and my general health - 1) I'm down 20 pounds 2) My psoriasis (an auto-immune skin disorder that causes plaques of red scaly skin is clearing up on its own 3) since I was in middle school, I've had a nose covered in blackheads. No amount of scrubbing or acne medication ever made a difference. Suddenly, they're going away! 4) I no longer need daily allergy medicine. 5) My moods are much more even, and I have a lot more energy. 6) the excessive hair growth issue I've had for so long is beginning to lessen.

If you are ready to kick PCOS's rear end, keto is for you!
  • Ephesian432
    Ephesian432 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Have you read this article? http://www.nutritionandmetabolism.com/content/2/1/35
    It's about a medical study done on 5 women who had PCOS, and went on a ketogenic diet. It's an awesome and motivating article.

Definitely motivating if you're trying to conceive. Two of the 5 women became pregnant during the study, despite previous infertility issues.
  • Melroxsox
    Options
    awesome article~! I KNOW Keto makes me more fertile...It simply regulates our hormones and balances them to what they should be!
  • Reepir
    Reepir Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    So far keto is the only thing that has solidly worked for me! I was diagnosed with PCOS last year and tried many different things. Losing 5 to 10 but gaining it back. I started keto 40 days ago. Down 25 pounds and proudly sticking to it!
  • I started keto about a month ago. I'm down 18lbs, and there is such a huge difference in my body composition, my energy levels, and more overall hunger. It works. A real way to eat that works for me. I'm sticking with it for sure and can't wait to see the rest of this weight melt away and to finally be healthy again.
  • Melroxsox
    Options
    I apologize for not posting in so long, im happy to announce it is because i found outi was pregnant and went on a dieting hiatus lol. We now have 2 beautiful children i would've never been able to have if it weren't for treating my pcos symptoms with a ketogenic lifestyle! Im also happy to say that im back in the saddle again and couldnt be happier! Hope you're all doing well!!